Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fairplay, CO (or within 1-2 hours)?

Coming to Fairplay for a month in July.  Good ranges there for practice, but would love to find some local USPSA/SCSA matches either weekend or weeknight.  Would prefer NOT to go into Denver, but would consider Buena Vista, Salida, Breckenridge, Florissant, etc.  Can't find great options online.  Anyone live out that way with ideas?

7 minutes ago, mreed911 said:

Coming to Fairplay for a month in July.  Good ranges there for practice, but would love to find some local USPSA/SCSA matches either weekend or weeknight.  Would prefer NOT to go into Denver, but would consider Buena Vista, Salida, Breckenridge, Florissant, etc.  Can't find great options online.  Anyone live out that way with ideas?

Nothing up that way that I know of which is kind of surprising. Buena Vista has a really nice range by the dump. Bunch of steel targets out to 600 yards. Pistols were not my focus the last time I was there though so not sure what they have in terms of open berms. Pueblo has a monthly match that's a good time. It will be on July 9th. Check out www.ecouspsa.com for a schedule of most stuff in the front range. If you want to go as far as Palisade, there's a great local match in Cameo as well, I believe it will be the 15th. Expect it to be HOT. It's all on PractiScore but unfortunately not super friendly to outsiders. Most match directors randomly post sign-up links a few days before the match and they're all a bit different. There's a gmail list you can get on that would give you an email update. There's a link for it on the ECOUSPSA page. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

Check out the Western CO USPSA website.  They have a couple of matches a month on the west side of the state.

https://www.wcouspsa.com/matches-1

Gunnison is only a 2 hour drive.  Their matches are a bit hit or miss (if they put one on), but its worth checking out.  

Cameo has a club in Grand Junction that puts on a pretty good match, but that is a 3.5 hour drive. 

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Check out the Western CO USPSA website.  They have a couple of matches a month on the west side of the state.

https://www.wcouspsa.com/matches-1

Gunnison is only a 2 hour drive.  Their matches are a bit hit or miss (if they put one on), but its worth checking out.  

Cameo has a club in Grand Junction that puts on a pretty good match, but that is a 3.5 hour drive. 

Yeah, it's tougher for me to get west than east - I'm about 15 miles south of Fairplay near Antero Reservoir when I'm there.  I appreciate the help, though.

31 minutes ago, nitrohuck said:

Yeah, you're in a bit of a USPSA Dead Zone.... 

Why avoid Denver? Between Aurora, Boulder, Centennial there are many matches held per month. 

Mainly the drive.  And the traffic.