Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Artemis feeding issue

Nitro1

My buddy swapped out his magwell and now he is having feeding issues. I helped him put the main spring and sear back together to ensure proper seating but still not working. Here is what it is doing. 

While shooting it will feed just fine but it won’t eject. If trying to operate by hand it will not feed properly but does eject. When not feeding the bullet starts to go into the barrel but then sticks. Almost looks like it is not going up into the ejector fully. 

we have tried multiple mags. All the same issue. He does have one mag that has lock back and it used to work. Now it does not anymore. 

any ideas I can point him to?  

Thanks

I’d call Atlas and talk to Randy (who’s awesome) who can try to diagnose over the phone.  If that doesn’t work open a ticket and they will take care of it.  

Until then, I would take a look to see if there’s anything keeping the magazine from going all the way in….it seems it may be causing the feeding issue (and potentially the extraction issue).  But it sounds odd - not obvious what’s causing it… 

Sounds like an extractor with too much tension. If you're not comfortable with checking and tuning the tension on your extractor, then call Atlas.  It's almost certainly the case that too much tension is keeping the round from properly chambering since the rim of the cartridge isn't sliding behind the hook of the extractor.

49 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Sorry to state the obvious, but you said his issue(s) began when he swapped out his magwell.

Un-do that change and see if the problem goes away before chasing anything else.

Sorry guess I could have added more detail.  He undid it and still had the same issue. 

called atlas they recommended maybe the ejector or lube issue. 

so I didn’t know he had not lubed it since he got it.  Added lube and a quick test outside and it seems to be better. Lol. So dumb. Didn’t even think to tell him to lube it.  

he is used to less tight tolerance guns.  

either way. Hopefully that fixed if.