Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI rear sight blade removal

Baynewrady

On 6/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, ltdmstr said:

Pretty sure you just keep backing out the windage screw and it will come apart.

I tried messing with the windage screw but felt a "dead stop" after a certain point. I checked the other end and it looks like there's another screw that may be loc-tited in? Was hoping someone in the forum would know but maybe I'll just send the slide back to the factory..

There's a internal hex head set screw in the center of the slotted screw on the left side, think it's .050".  You remove that first.  Then hold the slotted screw on the left side while you back out the windage screw on the right side.  Once the windage screw is out, the blade will come off.  There is a spring in there as well.  Took me about 5  minutes.

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4526.JPG

Edited by ltdmstr

14 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

There's a internal hex head set screw in the center of the slotted screw on the left side, think it's .050".  You remove that first.  Then hold the slotted screw on the left side while you back out the windage screw on the right side.  Once the windage screw is out, the blade will come off.  There is a spring in there as well.  Took me about 5  minutes.

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4526.JPG

Thank you very much for this. How did you hold the the slotted screw in place? 

1 hour ago, Baynewrady said:

Thank you very much for this. How did you hold the the slotted screw in place? 

After the set screw is out, you can hold the round slotted screw with a screwdriver.  But it needs to be a hollow ground one of the correct size.  Not a standard screwdriver with a tapered blade.

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

After the set screw is out, you can hold the round slotted screw with a screwdriver.  But it needs to be a hollow ground one of the correct size.  Not a standard screwdriver with a tapered blade.

Ok, I’ll have to buy one. Any chance you know the size?