Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LO gun- DWX vs TS2 Orange

ColoradoNick

Assuming you could actually buy either of them, what’s your choice?

I have a DWX now and swapped in an EGW ignition kit and the trigger is really nice at 2lb 4oz. I’m contemplating sending it in to have the slide milled but before I do that I’m wondering if I should sell it in favor of a TS2O? Part of me does not want to mill the DWX slide simply because it’s a good looking gun. With irons it’s going to be a safe queen. If I could swap it for a TS2O… I think I would?

Edited by ColoradoNick

I finally got the chace to mess around (dryfire) with a TS2O at a recent class I attended. That thing was awesome. I wish I could get my hands on a DWX to see how I like it, it seems we are sitting in opposite corners here from hands-on experience. 

Do you have the opportunity to actually get a TS2O? My understanding is CZ doesn't even know when they'll be available in the States again. 

Looking forward to responses from folks who have shot both. If I were to shoot LimOps I would be in the exact same conundrum you are, both of these guns seem like fantastic choices. 

4 minutes ago, nitrohuck said:

I finally got the chace to mess around (dryfire) with a TS2O at a recent class I attended. That thing was awesome. I wish I could get my hands on a DWX to see how I like it, it seems we are sitting in opposite corners here from hands-on experience. 

Do you have the opportunity to actually get a TS2O? My understanding is CZ doesn't even know when they'll be available in the States again. 

Looking forward to responses from folks who have shot both. If I were to shoot LimOps I would be in the exact same conundrum you are, both of these guns seem like fantastic choices. 

I have never even heard of a TS2O being available locally and I looked hard for awhile! I called every CZ dealer in the area and never even got a time frame. I kinda stumbled upon the DWX and felt like I HAD to buy it. Don’t get me wrong it’s SWEET. I would probably lighten the slide as well as doing the optic cut though and I feel like it’s such a unique gun I wouldn’t want to do it. As a pure competition gun though I wonder if the TS2O wouldn’t be better suited. I’m not in any rush. I’m probably sticking with Carry Optics for another 12-18 months. 

Yeah, I'll be sticking w/ CO too for the time being. LO being so similar it's not like I'm in a massive rush just to run a magwell..... but.... the TS2O will likely be mine if I see one available in the future, whenever that time comes. 

btw saw you hit the Stoeger class in Omaha, we must've missed one another, I was there for the Thurs/Fri level 2 "skills and drills" class... I also didn't enjoy the drive haha, oh well, I'll be making it again for Area 3, at least its a little less of a drive to Alma

5 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Assuming you could actually buy either of them, what’s your choice?

I have a DWX now and swapped in an EGW ignition kit and the trigger is really nice at 2lb 4oz. I’m contemplating sending it in to have the slide milled but before I do that I’m wondering if I should sell it in favor of a TS2O? Part of me does not want to mill the DWX slide simply because it’s a good looking gun. With irons it’s going to be a safe queen. If I could swap it for a TS2O… I think I would?

Contemplating a more "factory" type option for a trigger job on my DWX. Which kit did you use? https://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/ignition-parts/ignition-kits/

16 minutes ago, Toggleme said:

Contemplating a more "factory" type option for a trigger job on my DWX. Which kit did you use? https://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/ignition-parts/ignition-kits/

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Browse-by-Manufacturer/EGW/-Trigger-Group/EGW-Ignition-Kit-Trigger-Kit

That one. I had a buddy install it but it seemed pretty straight forward. The only thing I’m still waiting on is an aftermarket trigger bow that will take some pre-travel out. It’s proprietary to the DWX so a normal 2011 one won’t work. With that kit my trigger pull went from 4lb even to 2lb 4 oz. 

only thing a little funky if it matters to you is the hammer is polished instead of black.

Edited by ColoradoNick

Interesting. CZ owns Colt who owns/hold rights to DW. DWX looks a lot like CZ. Wonder how much alike they are and parts interchangeability there is. Is a DWX really a TS2O clone in DW clothes?

21 minutes ago, GeneBray said:

Interesting. CZ owns Colt who owns/hold rights to DW. DWX looks a lot like CZ. Wonder how much alike they are and parts interchangeability there is. Is a DWX really a TS2O clone in DW clothes?

The DWX is designed to feel like a CZ. Basically a CZ grip on a 1911/2011 upper. The trigger is classic 1911. The TS2O is single action similar to the 75 series. Most of the upper parts share an aftermarket with 1911’s. The trigger bow is one of the differences though. Pre-travel isn’t terrible by any means but for a competition gun I think taking some out would be advantageous. To be honest it probably doesn’t really even matter other than when dry firing the gun. The bigger issue to me in stock format was the 4lb trigger pull. 

Edited by ColoradoNick