Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old revolver i.d.

Billmc

Old pistol given to me by a friend to see if it could be rescued. Cheap chrome plated. Once dipped in rust remover when pulled and wiped off there is no longer any markings that are complete. In addition the hammer/trigger springs fell out. I need help on i.d. and how to reassemble. It has extreme sentimental value for my friend or I wouldn’t have invested my time. Picture included. Thank you!

IMG_3872.jpeg

I can't give a brand name or instructions, but it looks like one of the many Spanish knockoffs that resemble a Smith & Wesson but are entirely different internally.  Value is low.  Very low in rough condition.

an excellent way to learn gunsmithing?

I think the finish the pistol will have is the only consideration.

question the person who says 'sentimental value' closely as to that.

I recommend you state it will better if it never is fired again.

Then keep the firing pin out (if it has one)

finding parts will be a struggle and expect to make what you can't find.

once you learn how, springs are not hard to make.

miranda

Yeah, sentimental value varies greatly and what people are willing to pay...or not pay, varies even more!

Jim may be correct, but if that extra long ejector rod is fully screwed into the cylinder, you may be able to identify it over on https://everygunpart.com/handgun-kits/revolver.html.  You can narrow the search if you know the caliber, barrel length, etc...

Just try not to cry too much when you see a de-mil'd Colt Python, or three.

Nolan

Without knowing the caliber or seeing more of the gun it is hard to tell. Some of the S&W Brazilian contract 1917 did have that style of ejection rod, but that is all I can really make out from the photo.