Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo Max 3XL Stuck on max Brightness

APL-G35

Last night went to go dryfire and my Sig Romeo Max 3XL is stuck on max brightness.  The down adjustment doesn't seem to want to work.  Anyone have this issues and a fix?  I have a sectional this weekend so not enough time to turn it around with sig. Hoping someone may have a fix.

It has been discussed on this forum numerous times that the buttons fail on that optic.  Unfortunately I do not believe there is a fix for that other than sending it back. 

Something to try is take the battery out and see if the brightness starts at a lower level to where you could increase the level to your desired level.  If that works, then you could reset the brightness each night before the match by taking the battery out, and increase to desired level for that day of shooting.  I cannot remember what happens to the brightness level once the battery is replaced.  Something worth trying possibly. 

7 hours ago, APL-G35 said:

Last night went to go dryfire and my Sig Romeo Max 3XL is stuck on max brightness.  The down adjustment doesn't seem to want to work.  Anyone have this issues and a fix?  I have a sectional this weekend so not enough time to turn it around with sig. Hoping someone may have a fix.

Optic tech hasn’t progressed to the point where a backup optic isn’t mandatory, especially if you plan on shooting major matches.  

pretty much a fact of life that they all fail at some point.  

Edited by Rich406