Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting Occurrence

gargoil66

Shot a local partial SC course today at a local club.  Three SC stages and three non SC stages.

Got done shooting the last stage and I asked the RO if I could shoot it once more.  No problem.  Load and commence blasting.

As I started shooting I realized I could not see the dot but kept going because I was hitting the plates.  Saw that red reflection from the sun when it is behind you but no dot.

Since I was hitting the plates I continued and realized when I hit the stop plate that there was no dot.  

Had turned it off after my last stage and didn't turn it on for this run.  Took six shots for all five plates and the time was pretty good in fact.

Guess my position, grip, and stance must be doing OK though.  

GG

Must be a good fit! 👍 I was doing some dry fire practice with my Hellcat with the chamber laser installed. I was surprised at how close I got to targets without even looking at the sights, just the target. Haven’t tried it with live ammo though. 😁

Yeah, goes to show how little you "need to see" when your grip and stance is dialed.

Years ago when I was practicing hard, I drew my pistol on a plate rack at 40 yards straight from the car and hit the first plate without the dot turned on.  I should have just packed back up and gone home :D