Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer decock

FRodshoot

When I start a stage and the rules mandate that I have the gun in the holster empty and without magazine. ( production division).

When the referee say the command "Make ready" ( since I can not load) ,am I allowed to decock the hammer to make it easier the movement of inserting the magazine and load the gun, after the beep?

Is this within the rules? 

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, FRodshoot said:

When I start a stage and the rules mandate that I have the gun in the holster empty and without magazine. ( production division).

When the referee say the command "Make ready" ( since I can not load) ,am I allowed to decock the hammer to make it easier the movement of inserting the magazine and load the gun, after the beep?

Is this within the rules? 

Thank you.

Yes

Decock?

When you are starting empty, the hammer will be down anyway.

If you mean cock the hammer, you can do it after the beep. But that raises the question: "why is hard for you to insert the magazine and rack the slide?"

Thank you for the reply.

And I just noticed. I have a mistake in my post.

I meant to say, cocked hammer in the holster in order to make it easier. 

And when I mean easier, I mean faster. 

It isn't hard for me to rack the slide with the hammer down, but physics explains that it may help the movement to be more fluid. 

I still have the same question. Is it allowed? or I break any rule?

thank you again.

USPSA Rule:

"When a firearm Ready Condition requires a firearm be prepared with an empty chamber (or cylinder), the slide/bolt of the firearm must be fully forward (or the cylinder must be fully closed) and the hammer or striker must be fully down or fully forward, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified in the stage briefing."

IPSC rule

"If a course of fire requires that a self-loading pistol be prepared with an empty chamber, the slide must be
fully forward and the hammer, if fitted, must be fully down or decocked
"

1 minute ago, perttime said:

USPSA Rule:

"When a firearm Ready Condition requires a firearm be prepared with an empty chamber (or cylinder), the slide/bolt of the firearm must be fully forward (or the cylinder must be fully closed) and the hammer or striker must be fully down or fully forward, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified in the stage briefing."

IPSC rule

"If a course of fire requires that a self-loading pistol be prepared with an empty chamber, the slide must be
fully forward and the hammer, if fitted, must be fully down or decocked
"

👍🙏. Good enough. No doubt. Thank you.