Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Tango 6 Elevation run out

NOSHMJ

So I finally got to take my 6.5 out to 1000yds, and when I was dialing in the scope for elevation correction, I only had 8 MIL of adjustment, and it ran out!  It had just enough to get there without holding over.  

I have a RPR with standard 20MOA rail, Sig Tango6 5x30x56 MRAD scope.  Zerod at 100 yds.  Zero stop set, and I even tryed without it set.

Is the low amount of elevation adjustment normal, and or should I get the 30MOA rail for the gun to add another 10 MIL of adjustment so I can get out farther.  Any advice or info would be great. 

The first thing i would do is loosen and retorque your rings to the manufacturers recommended torque, if they're to tight it will limit your ability to adjust it. also if there's a lot of windage dialed into the scope to get it over to zero that will affect how much elevation adjustment you have. a neat trick is to put a mirror in front of the objective lens and hold it just right underneath a light and you'll see 2 crosshairs. one of them is optical zero and the other is where the crosshairs have been dialed to.

My scope has a 20 moa base, medium rings, and a scope with 30 mil of total elevation adjustment. It's zeroed at 100 yds, and I have 20 mils of usable dialing available. your scope has 23 mils of total elevation adjustment, I would expect it to have more than 8 available based on my experience.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:54 PM, NOSHMJ said:

So I finally got to take my 6.5 out to 1000yds, and when I was dialing in the scope for elevation correction, I only had 8 MIL of adjustment, and it ran out!  It had just enough to get there without holding over.  

I have a RPR with standard 20MOA rail, Sig Tango6 5x30x56 MRAD scope.  Zerod at 100 yds.  Zero stop set, and I even tryed without it set.

Is the low amount of elevation adjustment normal, and or should I get the 30MOA rail for the gun to add another 10 MIL of adjustment so I can get out farther.  Any advice or info would be great. 

I meant to say 3 MIL extra, not 10.... for adding the 30MOA rail.  ooops.

So I got the 30MOA mount and set it up, re zerod.  It did exactly what I figured.  I got 2.5 MIL extra elevation.  The SigTango 6 has 23MIL TOTAL elevation, so roughly 11.5 up, 11.5 down.  I have 10.5 elevation up left after 100 yd zero.  I guess thats what it is and good enough for 1k.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you running particularly tall rings? Had an issue with an air rifle (weird comparison, but hear me out), where I couldn’t get enough elevation to even zero properly with tall rings, but worked fine with shorter ones. Distances involved are obviously different, but .17 pellets have an enormous amount of drop even at 75-100 yards, so maybe relevant.