Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI interchangeable vs Atlas X-line Flat 1911 triggers

TheChef1

Anyone have experience with both that can share some insight in one vs the other?  Will be for a 1911 but im sure theres not much difference for 2011. I've got the Bul armory knockoff of the SVI its ok but the fitment wasn't great so id either want SVI or try the atlas. Ive heard good things about the atlas but do like the interchangeable shoe of the SVI however once I get the one that fits I wont have a need to change it again.

I had to replace Atlas X-line flat triggers on my 2 limited guns with SVI. X-lines (Medium short) got bended after a few thousand rounds. My old Atlas guns  were fine. Looks like the triggers that Atlas sells these days are not the same. I know several people who had the same issue.  

29 minutes ago, cheby said:

I had to replace Atlas X-line flat triggers on my 2 limited guns with SVI. X-lines (Medium short) got bended after a few thousand rounds. My old Atlas guns  were fine. Looks like the triggers that Atlas sells these days are not the same. I know several people who had the same issue.  

hmm good to know thanks. If both trigger were reliable did you prefer one over the other? 

I've owned both and ran both in 2011s. I used the Atlas trigger in PT Evo grips mostly. SV grips I keep it SV. 

SV trigger is my favorite in terms of look. The medium curve is a good fit for me and I always end up coming back to it.

The Atlas trigger is really easy to fine tune the distance of the trigger face, but frankly I just ended up trying to match the distance of my SV curve. 

I didn't have any issues with trigger bows bending but I wasn't putting really high volume though them. 

16 hours ago, cheby said:

I do not think there is much difference. 

Cool I think Ill go SVI

7 hours ago, Aiden said:

I've owned both and ran both in 2011s. I used the Atlas trigger in PT Evo grips mostly. SV grips I keep it SV. 

SV trigger is my favorite in terms of look. The medium curve is a good fit for me and I always end up coming back to it.

The Atlas trigger is really easy to fine tune the distance of the trigger face, but frankly I just ended up trying to match the distance of my SV curve. 

I didn't have any issues with trigger bows bending but I wasn't putting really high volume though them. 

I like the SVI look also im leaning towards that. thanks