Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock good enough?

Flexmoney

Uncle Bill (I like the nick-name)...you have provided me with an opportunity to say...

Every shooter on Earth should own a Glock.

----------

The numbers...I was going to run some basic drills to see where I am on splits and such.

I do know that :

1.  My gun runs (G35).  

2.  I can get splits under .20

3.  I can clean steel at 25 yards.

4.  Holsters are plentiful

5.  Not ammo sensitive.

6.  Fragile?  lol

7.  20 rounds or more (in 40 Limited)

8.  lots of extras

9.  recoil operated.  magazine feed.

Well I just made the decision to stick with the one gun program. I am selling my 1911s and sticking with my Glock 35. I shoot it faster and more accurately than my Kimber. It just feels better in my hand. The trigger is not an issue with a Glock. A 2# trigger can be had with a little effort. My 34 and 35 group well under 2" @ 25 yds.

(Edited by Joe D at 7:30 am on Oct. 8, 2002)

I stick with my nearly stock G35 because it does so many things well - it's not picky about magazines, it runs all the time without special attention, it shoots straight and I'm used to the trigger.

I don't mind not shooting lead bullets, that way I spend less time cleaning.

Could I shoot better with a 2011? Probably- if one landed in my lap that functioned perfectly with 10 flawlessly functioning hi caps, I wouldn't turn it down.

But I don't have the energy, or the patience, yet to pursue running an S_I in Limited. My perception is it's a lot of work, assembling mags and then hoping you bought the right stuff and that everything works together with the ammo you use. Obviously, people do it all the time without a full time gunsmith, but for now it seems like more effort than it's worth.

At some point, I may decide it's necessary but for now I beat enough of them (and lose to them as well!) that I'm satisified I have the right gear.

The component that needs work is between my ears.

• 1 month later...