Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p-10f carry optic load

Raz22582

The P10F will eat most anything, so you can run nearly any load/recipe that makes power factor.

I run 4.6gr CFE Pistol with 125gr RN Bear Creek Supply polycoated (they are a few miles from me so I can go pick up and not pay shipping on an order of 15k) set to 1.09" OAL. Yes they are set short but they also run in my Bull Shadow 2 which needs the shorter length, as well as my SP01 and P10C all making PF. 

17 hours ago, Raz22582 said:

Recently switched to a p10f for carry optic looking for some load info to tryout. Thanks for any help guys

This is not that complicated.  Pick any 125 bullet, any fast or medium burning powder, random brass, and whatever primers you can find a good deal on.  Mix enough powder to make 130 - 135 PF.  Go shoot.

I'm partial to conical nose bullets because they feed like s#!t through a goose and are almost never an issue with CZ's short throats.

I would not waste time on any further load development.  The guys looking for 1" groups at 25 yards are wasting time and money on stuff that doesn't matter in this game. 

Make something that runs reliably, makes PF with some room to spare, that has acceptable accuracy at 25 yards (less than 3"), and then make s#!tloads of it to learn the gun.

5 hours ago, broadside72 said:

The P10F will eat most anything, so you can run nearly any load/recipe that makes power factor.

I run 4.6gr CFE Pistol with 125gr RN Bear Creek Supply polycoated (they are a few miles from me so I can go pick up and not pay shipping on an order of 15k) set to 1.09" OAL. Yes they are set short but they also run in my Bull Shadow 2 which needs the shorter length, as well as my SP01 and P10C all making PF. 

100%

CFE Pistol and Win AutoComp are great choices for making PF with ease without pushing the top end of the load range.

• 4 weeks later...