Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issues with Taccom, and owner Tim

I have purchased numerous products from Taccom over the last year, even at the advice by local club members not to.  The 3 stage pcc air cushion buffer was a no go. Could not get it to work in ANY combination of buffer tube lengths, spring tensions, factory ammo, loaded ammo.   Went to Kynshot and had zero issues.  I bought a 10/16 barrel and the comp was timed at 11:00-11:30 right from the box.  I decided to shoot a practice and a match with it anyway, and the comp is now completely loose. I contacted Tim today and this is where it gets very interesting. 

I asked if I could send the barrel back for repair and he said no problem.  He went on to say that he "f*#ked up" this last round of barrels, but sent them out anyway.  I asked for the comp to be timed correctly, and he said he couldn't.  He uses some type of clamping system, to smash the comp onto the barrel thread, rather than properly pinning and welding the comp to barrel.  He then told me to box it up for a refund and hung up on me. 

I called back and was hung up on three more times, after asking if I could send back the air cushion buffer I purchased. He replied, "Send the bolt back you just bought as well."  He then began texting me, as if he would rather argue over text, than helping make right the product he builds.  I had to block his number to stop the texts. 

I urge anyone considering to try Taccom products to look elsewhere. I had a different picture in my mind as to who the owner is.  I used to see him reply to all types of questions here, and I thought that was amazing to see. His customer service is abysmal, and he sounded frantic and flustered on the phone. 

Edited by b_pope
typo
4 minutes ago, b_pope said:

Should I have posted this elsewhere? Long time listener, first time poster... this seemed to be the appropriate forum to do so.

I think generally we just can't discuss these kind of things here. I think it gets heated. 

But, not the first I've heard this. 

You aren't the first that has gotten strange interactions from him.  Can speak from personal experience, although he did realize his mistake and made gesture to make up for it after realizing it.  Have heard a couple other instances as well.

OP needs to read the forum guidelines. There is NO appropriate section of the forum for this type of post.

Hate Rants

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

The reason we do this is because no matter what the OP states, it is only THEIR side of the story, and every story has two sides.