Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PDP Pro

gator11

In the market for a carry optics/service pistol. PDP felt great in my hand, trigger was okay. Spoiled from 2011 platform I guess. Did some research and found the Pro model. Like the idea of a better trigger and ability to run it suppressed. Unfortunately none can be found local to see if the trigger is really worth the extra cost. Anyone have hands on experience with the Pro model? Everyone running the full size or the compact? 

The Pro comes with a magwell so you would have to take it off for carry optics. The compact takes 15 round mags and the full size is 18 of course extensions will get you to 23. I have a full size and am putting a magwell on it for limited optics.

40 minutes ago, ntxboi said:

The Pro comes with a magwell so you would have to take it off for carry optics. The compact takes 15 round mags and the full size is 18 of course extensions will get you to 23. I have a full size and am putting a magwell on it for limited optics.

Do you have the full size Pro model? Do you find the trigger worth the additional cost over the standard PDP?

On 3/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, gator11 said:

Do you have the full size Pro model? Do you find the trigger worth the additional cost over the standard PDP?

My local store could not get in the Pro model. I got the full size and am adding the Taylor Freelance magwell and backstrap to it.

The trigger in the Pro is the Walther Dynamic trigger. It can also be used in the PPQ and steel frame models. It is flat faced and breaks further forward than the stock trigger. I like it. 

While that trigger comes in the Pro, you can buy it for $179 on the Walther website, but it is usually on back order. 

18 hours ago, gator11 said:

Thanks for all the info. I ordered a Pro model. 

On 4/4/2023 at 7:46 AM, GJM said:

The trigger in the Pro is the Walther Dynamic trigger. It can also be used in the PPQ and steel frame models. It is flat faced and breaks further forward than the stock trigger. I like it. 

While that trigger comes in the Pro, you can buy it for $179 on the Walther website, but it is usually on back order. 

There are also Overwatch Precision and Apex trigger options for the PDP. 

The pull weight can be reduced, even with the stock trigger, with a simple spring change.  

The stock trigger is pretty good.  Improvements are possible but it's a different animal than a 1911 or 2011. 

The closest you can get would be Walther's Dynamic Trigger and sear combo.  That, along with a couple of spring changes, gets you about as close to a 1911 feeling trigger as you are going to get. 

The Pro version of the PDP does not come with the enhanced sear. 

• 2 weeks later...

The factory PDP trigger is pretty bas-ass to begin with. The $17 Sprinco spring kit reduced the pull by about a pound. When doing Bill Drills, I'm able to pull better times with my plastic $500 PDP than any of my fancy 2011s with "better triggers". Of course, this is anecdotal...