Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

357 Sig loads

aplthird

On 4/17/2023 at 7:38 AM, aplthird said:

Thanks for all the help.  I went to the range in my 357 Sig with 125 grain plated extreme

bullets.  I started at 12 and went to 12.7 grains Accurate #9.  Made decent powder.

In my 10mm I loaded a coated 155 grain over 15 grains Accurate #9.  This load

I really like.    Thing is these recipes eat up powder.  I was considering BE-86 because

of lesser powder use.  What are peoples thoughts I have looked around but the load

data seems to be less available with the 86 or should I stay with #9?  Thanks.

I've used be-86 in my 40s&w and like it.

On 4/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, anachronism said:

I've never had the desire to neuter my 357 to 9mm, so such aftermarket conversions mean little to me. The OP was asking for upper end loading data for 357 SIG and you expect him to buy a new barrel in a lesser caliber to suit your idea of what he needs instead of giving him what he's asking for. I'm not even going to address your suggestion of shooting 9mm through a 357 barrel.

The 9mm and 357 Sig are about 50 to 100 FPS apart. I used to love the 357 Sig but soon found it’s a waste of time. 

3 hours ago, aplthird said:

Not true at all .  I reload and the 357 sig is much more powerful than the nine ,running 12.8 grains of Accurate #9 under a 125 grain.  The 357 Sig has been neutered.    I came here looking for some information.  Quoting Anachronism"The OP was asking for upper end loading data for 357 SIG and you expect him to buy a new barrel in a lesser caliber to suit your idea of what he needs instead of giving him what he's asking for.  Thanks for the help Alaskapopo I get it you do not like the 357 SIG.

I too have reloaded a lot of 357 Sig and 9mm and no the difference is slight and why I dumped the 357 Sig.  my screen name used to be 355 sig fan. I have a lot of years with that cartridge. There is a reason it’s a dying cartridge now. 

On 4/23/2023 at 8:47 PM, shred said:

<moderator> Attitude.  It's why posts get removed.  </moderator>

Who's been having attitude?   Is it how "YOU" read it or did I miss something?   I guess I missed the removed post then?

On 4/22/2023 at 9:46 PM, Alaskapopo said:

The 9mm and 357 Sig are about 50 to 100 FPS apart. I used to love the 357 Sig but soon found it’s a waste of time. 

I don't find it a waste of time as I enjoy the 357sig!   With 125gr and heavier per barrel length it's faster than 100fps than a 9 standard pressure.   With +p it's closer, but still a big difference.   I load standard and +p in 9mm along with 357sig also.   Just shoot what you enjoy and leave the rest for others to decide.   Easy as that!   147gr in sig is way faster than a 9 with the same barrel length and not just 50-100fps faster.....well with what I load for.

5 hours ago, K-Tex said:

Who's been having attitude?   Is it how "YOU" read it or did I miss something?   I guess I missed the removed post then?

Yes, you missed it.  But you can see where it was headed.

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

That was my post I will take responsibility for it.  I came here looking for reloading info.  Instead I was told the 357 sig is dead its a waste of time.  not once but over and over again.  Not one constructive comment from that individual, others yes helped for those that gave me help/constructive comments thank you. Sorry I was just frustrated.

Edited by aplthird

8 hours ago, aplthird said:

That was my post I will take responsibility for it.  I came here looking for reloading info.  Instead I was told the 357 sig is dead its a waste of time.  not once but over and over again.  Not one constructive comment from that individual, others yes helped for those that gave me help/constructive comments thank you. Sorry I was just frustrated.

I enjoy my 357sig's as I have 2 and will have more.   P226, g31 and will do a barrel conversion of an xdm 40s&w 5.25".   I have 3 barrels for the g31 and possibly get a longer barrel for the 226 either in ported and/or threaded.

8 hours ago, shred said:

Yes, you missed it.  But you can see where it was headed.

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

No reason for anyone to get that way!   If they don't like it then just don't post.