Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monthly Mini Dealer forum interest

GrumpyOne

Are you interested in a Monthly Mini Dealer forum?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Monthly Mini Dealer forum?

• Yes
    • No

In the past, we (Brian Enos Forum) have not allowed anyone to sell anything they make in the classifieds unless they had a dealer forum.

We are thinking of changing that somewhat. 

We are thinking of making a sub forum of the classifieds, sort of a "Mini Dealer Forum", where our members with more than 500 posts, for a fee, could sell their made items. The Mini Dealer accounts would run from month to month, at $50 a month, for our members to test the waters, before buying a yearly forum, or for just a limited run of items. 

We are thinking of running the Mini Dealer forum payment from month to month, due on the 1st of the month, to run through the end of the month. There would be no pro-rating of accounts, each and every Mini Dealer account would begin and end at the same time. Only Mini Dealers would be allowed to start threads in the new forum.

Since this would be Mini Dealer forum, the classifieds rules, as far as contributing to the main forum discussions, would be suspended for the duration of your Mini Dealer account.

A Mini Dealer forum would also fit if you have many items to sell, whether you made them or not. In other words, those that sell a lot in the classifieds here, may consider becoming a Mini Dealer and not have to worry about their posting in the main forum, for their Mini Dealer account duration.

All monies generated by this proposal would go directly to forum hosting costs, so, you would be helping the forum stay alive.

Based on member input on this poll, we will either move forward with making the Mini Dealer forum or scrap the idea. 

Comments and suggestions are encouraged.

Thank you!

On 3/4/2023 at 1:16 PM, GrumpyOne said:

Since this would be Mini Dealer forum, the classifieds rules, as far as contributing to the main forum discussions, would be suspended for the duration of your Mini Dealer account.

Does this mean that the 50 post count minimum would no longer be required ?

The only downside I foresee is that someone could pay the $50, sell a bunch of stuff quickly and not ship anything at all.

Perhaps if the mini-dealer had to provide proof of identity, scan of drivers license etc. and/or proof of address, it may help to dissuade those who might use this as an opportunity to defraud.

5 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Does this mean that the 50 post count minimum would no longer be required ?

The only downside I foresee is that someone could pay the $50, sell a bunch of stuff quickly and not ship anything at all.

Perhaps if the mini-dealer had to provide proof of identity, scan of drivers license etc. and/or proof of address, it may help to dissuade those who might use this as an opportunity to defraud.

Read the OP again...members with 500 posts....

I voted no. Sounds like extra work for the classifieds moderator. Not that my opinion means diddly squat, but anything I’ve ever thought of selling were just cheap widgets etc. probably wouldn’t sell $50 worth in a year. If I was selling items that cost considerable $$$ I should be required to have a regular vendor account

Edited by Sarge

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

I voted no. Sounds like extra work for the classifieds moderator. Not that my opinion means diddly squat, but anything I’ve ever thought of selling were just cheap widgets etc. probably wouldn’t sell $50 worth in a year. If I was selling items that cost considerable $$$ I should be required to have a regular vendor account

Well, the idea was for our members, who were thinking of making something and selling it, for them to use the Mini Dealer forum to gauge interests in their product, without having to buy a yearly dealer forum...Or, for our members, who use the classifieds a lot, to be able to sell those items, without having to maintain their posting in the main forum.