Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 STI Edge barrel … what type of cut?

ItsKirby

...at least the factory ones are.  STI frames were available with no ramp cuts and gunsmiths would do whichever they wanted on them.  Pretty easy to tell by popping off the slide and looking at the frame-- if the rearmost part where the bottom barrel lug goes is rounded, it's a Clark/Para.  Squared off, Wilson/Nowlin.  Every now and then someone will try to change a W/N to C/P, but it's rare.

Top is C/P with the 'bowtie', bottom W/N

DSC02863.jpg

3 hours ago, shred said:

...at least the factory ones are.  STI frames were available with no ramp cuts and gunsmiths would do whichever they wanted on them.  Pretty easy to tell by popping off the slide and looking at the frame-- if the rearmost part where the bottom barrel lug goes is rounded, it's a Clark/Para.  Squared off, Wilson/Nowlin.  Every now and then someone will try to change a W/N to C/P, but it's rare.

Top is C/P with the 'bowtie', bottom W/N

DSC02863.jpg

Awesome reference… truly appreciated 

6 hours ago, ItsKirby said:

Noob question. I have a 2011 STI edge. I was looking to buy a new barrel. Anyone know what barrel ramp cut I need? Wilson/nowlin  or para/clark? 

thanks

If you have your existing barrel in hand, this might also give some reference.........

Barrel Ramps.jpg