Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Competitor

Double Action

Greetings! After chipping away at the sides of USPSA for a couple of years in different divisions, I have finally taken the plunge into the Revolver Division. I grew up shooting revolvers, but went to the dark side for several years, shooting 1911s and Glocks. This Fall, I decided that, since wheel guns were my first love, why not use them in my favorite game.

I lack a couple of scores to get classified, but have had a genuine blast shooting my revolvers at the last couple of matches. All of the other revolver shooters I've met so far have been aces, and very helpful in working with me on getting used to six rounds instead of ten.

This seems to be a very nice group, and I thought I'd say howdy, and thanks for the encouragement while I was lurking on this forum.

Double Action, welcome aboard. You have some pretty distinguished wheelgunners in your state! Look forward to running into you at a match sometime in '06!

Always great to hear about new revolver guys getting in the game--the great revo renaissance continues to take hold!

Double Action, welcome aboard. You have some pretty distinguished wheelgunners in your state! Look forward to running into you at a match sometime in '06!

Always great to hear about new revolver guys getting in the game--the great revo renaissance continues to take hold!

Thanks. Of course, I always hate to be one who follows a trend. ;)

I would much rather be a trend-setter. Seriously, I'm happy that revolvers seem to be making a comeback, even if they never really left for some of us. It's nice to see more wheelguns in matches. By the way, thanks for your pics in the Front Sight. I'd like for my wife, who is quite the photographer, to get some pics from our local matches. Looking at yours helps her understand what kind of composition, etc., looks good on paper. Was that picture in F.S. of your son shooting in the Junior Division?

Yeah, Sam's been in F.S. several times now.....he enjoys being more famous (if not more notorious) than his dad. Sam has sorta stopped worrying about shooting against other juniors, since he's always the only kid with a wheelgun there. He's now focused on beating the adults, which he is doing with increasing frequency.

Mike

DA,

Welcome to the wheelgun world of action pistol shooting(in our words it is ACTION REVOLVER shooting :) ) You are pretty lucky to be shooting a wheel gun in OK as Forum members Waltermitty, and Bubber are also OKIES!!!

Some good ones real close are Mike Luttrell and forum member Firewalker both from AR, Mike will be hosting an ICORE regional match at his indoor range in March. Another good wheelman is Jess Christianson also of AR...Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Mikes wife Stephanie is pretty handy with one too!!!!

Larry Treen in MO is quite the wheelgunner too, so you have plenty to shoot with if schedules work out.

Good luck with the endeavor, We are not many but we are quite dedicated (mostly).

See you on a range, sometime, somewhere.

HOPALONG

Double action,

Welcome aboard from another Midwesterner that's new to the revolver side, I shoot in Missouri. I must warn you though, reading the revolver section of the forum can be hazardous to your ego! Since I started shooting revolver, I have a much better understanding of the word, "humble". oh well, it sure has been fun.

Welcome,

Howard

Just come on out and join the fun.

I'm leaving the house right now for a 3 gun match in Arcadia.

I'll also be shooting at Bethel tomorrow.

No shooting next weekend :P

Then we'll go down to Ada and shoot steel challenge with the Ada crew on the 31st. Bubber makes those matches quite often.

It's going to be a great year in 2006!