Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Gear Questions

XAFSP

I have a couple questions about equipment used for 3 gun.

In Rifle can you use the magizine connectors( forget the accual name) piece that connects two mags together?

I now the rules frown upon military type clothing(unless military/LE) but is military gear alright, IE web belt, LEB/LEV, mag pouches, Etc alright to use?

thanks

Tim

I really like the mag connectors to create a super-monopod for prone. They are legal and make for a fast mag change. I know I had the faster mag changes on the rifle standards stage at the USPSA 3 Gun Nats on the Limited Super Squad b/c I used a mag cinch. When shooting from both prone and kneeling, I simply hit the mag release button, left the magazines rested, and moved the rifle from one mag to the other.

I have never had a functioning problem with them but thoroughly test before going to any major match.

Mil/LEO gear is alright but tends to be a bit slow. Give some $$ to 3gungear.com, Safariland, the Wilderness to get some more competitive gear. You won't regret it.

Pretty much every gear company makes open topped AR mag pouches now, as well as pistol magazine pouches that have kydex inserts and can have the flaps removed. If you want to use tac gear, go with a MOLLE/PALS compatible systems so you can build what works best for you. I would still have 3 Gun Gear make shot shell carriers for you, anything else commercially available is completely inferior to the material quality and workmanship of 3 Gun Gear.

Some shooters have had trouble with rounds walking out on extra mag when using the mag cinch products. 3GunGear makes the best stuff available for competition. Spend money one time only, even if the budget is tight, work up to a complete rig.

Most reloads on AR type rifles can be made within a couple steps, Unless you run dry while engaging, so use the mag cinch if you prefer but don't under estimate the speed of a reload off the belt or a 3GunGear thigh rig. Mag is usually ready to go in as soon as old mag is dropping free of the rifle.

Good Luck !