Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 tablet replacement

Humbo

Hi folks,

did anyone try to replace their tablet on a Mark 7 autodrive? They seem to use the cheapest ones around, and I now have 3 Mark 7 tablets that have stopped working. On two of them the USB port failed, on the third the bottom 1/3 of the screen stopped working. I can find superior tablets online for $50, and they wanted to charge me $195 for a replacement directly from Mark 7. They told me that they are proprietary and no other tablet will work, but I find that hard to believe. For that price I want to buy something better that will not fail a bit further down the road.

So I was hoping that someone changed the tablet on one of their Mark 7's and could chime in. 

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Humbo said:

Hi folks,

did anyone try to replace their tablet on a Mark 7 autodrive? They seem to use the cheapest ones around, and I now have 3 Mark 7 tablets that have stopped working. On two of them the USB port failed, on the third the bottom 1/3 of the screen stopped working. I can find superior tablets online for $50, and they wanted to charge me $195 for a replacement directly from Mark 7. They told me that they are proprietary and no other tablet will work, but I find that hard to believe. For that price I want to buy something better that will not fail a bit further down the road.

So I was hoping that someone changed the tablet on one of their Mark 7's and could chime in. 

Thanks!

You may want to contact Customer Service, after SHOT Show is over, to see if the new tablets coming with the Titan and Genesys will be backwards compatible.  Looks like a much more robust unit............

https://youtu.be/eWjE_5yQW0I

👍

• 1 month later...

Have you tried to install the software on another tablet? 

Looks like it must be an android tablet.

If that works you should also be able to use any device with windows operation system and an android emulator.

Edited by Bonfire

I don't have another tablet, but I had a Samsung smartphone that I wasn't using. I was able to pull the software installation files from the tablet with ADB, and then I rooted my phone. I was able to get the autodrive kind of working, but I had problems with the resolution. After adjusting the DPI in the build.prop file, I was able to get the interface to look normal, and everything worked perfectly.

I also tried with a newer phone with Android 9. I was able to install all the necessary software, but it would not detect the autodrive. The safest bet is to stick with a tablet with Android 4.4 for maximum compatibility.

I will try with Bluestacks later when I have time, just to see if it's possible. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get the original tablet running again, I replaced the digitizer and all is well. A lot cheaper than purchasing a new tablet from Mark 7. I hope they will come with an updated software that works with the more recent Android versions.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 7:29 PM, Humbo said:

I was able to get the original tablet running again, I replaced the digitizer and all is well. A lot cheaper than purchasing a new tablet from Mark 7. I hope they will come with an updated software that works with the more recent Android versions.

Hi, same issue with the 10''  tablet, lower left portion not working anymore. What model of the tablet is it/where did you find the correct digitizer? I was looking here  but I would need to find out what to buy. Appreaciate some info you might have!

Best,

Chris

Edited by scuba31

Hi!

Have you checked what kind of digitizer you need? If you open up your tablet, it's usually printed on the cable that attaches to the motherboard. The digitizer I needed was F-WGJ10341-V2A, and I bought it here; https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32680363260.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.4ffe1802WlcfCQ

You can also see on the picture where the model number is printed. Hope it helped.

Best regards,

Ole Thomas

22 minutes ago, scuba31 said:

Hi, same issue with the 10''  tablet, lower left portion not working anymore. What model of the tablet is it/where did you find the correct digitizer? I was looking here  but I would need to find out what to buy. Appreaciate some info you might have!

Best,

Chris

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2024 at 10:04 PM, Humbo said:

Glad to help! I'm sure everything will go smoothly, the installation was easy and the tablet was as new afterwards.

I am happy to report that after a second round with the vendor on Aliexpress (first digitizer they sent me was faulty, too) I have now a perfectly working tablet again. Cost was 13 EUR, so not too bad at all!

Happy Easter,

Chris

2 hours ago, scuba31 said:

I am happy to report that after a second round with the vendor on Aliexpress (first digitizer they sent me was faulty, too) I have now a perfectly working tablet again. Cost was 13 EUR, so not too bad at all!

Happy Easter,

Chris

@scuba31

Thanks for sharing this info!

Happy Easter!

Ben

That's good to hear.  My autodrive is now about 6 months out of warranty and still sitting new in the box on a shelf.  I sure hope the tablet works when I get around to trying to install it...