Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max mag length for USPSA open div

Chapo

Just finished reading the rule book and it does not specify the max mag length for a pistol in open division for USPSA. I have a 42 and several 33 rounders that would like to know if are legal. In other places I’ve read 170.3mm Max length? This is like 6” and doesn’t sound right. Please help!!

Just now, Chapo said:

Just finished reading the rule book and it does not specify the max mag length for a pistol in open division for USPSA. I have a 42 and several 33 rounders that would like to know if are legal. In other places I’ve read 170.3mm Max length? This is like 6” and doesn’t sound right. Please help!!

Appendix D1

18 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Are you going to be running a Glock in Open?  Those round magazines make me think Glock.  With legal mags 30rds is about the max.  29rds is more common in the MBX mags.

27 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Read appendices D1 and E1 of the rulebook.  Division-specific requirements are in appendices D1 (Open Div) through D8 (PCC).

E1 tells you exactly how to measure the magazine.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo