Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip geometry: SIRT pistol most similar to CZ, or just go with a Glock? Or mix it up?

ida9x19

I've been wanting a SIRT pistol for a while. But I shoot a CZ, and they only have Glock 17/22 (110 and 115), S&W M&P (107) and SIG Sauer P320 (20/20C).

Will SIRT's P320 be more similar to the CZ grip? How about the M&P?

Or should I just go with the Glock.. It seems to have better support of aftermarket equipment such as laser modules, holsters, etc. It will be very different from the CZ grip angle, but training is training I guess?

What would you pick?

I have a SIRT 110 and it’s an amazing product. However the gun I use is very Glock like but not a Glock. I find myself using my gun for most everything in dry fire and only occasionally use the SIRT for things like transitions with trigger presses and warming up my finger for rapid trigger presses. I for sure got my moneys worth out of my SIRT but it’s no substitute for your pistol, it’s more of an add on to your training aid’s and for me I try to keep training very simple so I stay committed. Ask yourself is the SIRT over complicated my training. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Twilk73

• 2 months later...

I’ve used a SIRT 110 (M&P) for awhile now and found it to be a quality training tool.  Not a replacement for your actual pistol, but very useful.  Good for tactics, multiple shot drills etc.  I started using it when I was traveling a lot and did not have a good “safe direction” to do dry practice in while in hotels and temporary apartments.  Nice to be able to leave it out without having to worry about it.

I selected the M&P because it was the closest match in feel to the HK I was using at the time.  The training carried over well to my actual pistol.