Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat Deluxe Spring Kit (help needed)

Friedrich_der_Grosse

Hello there! So I've done a crap ton of tuning to my LTT Beretta 92 and have basically maxed it out to it fullest potential (minus 100% NP3 coatings...), but I was wanting to check something out with everyone here. So I got the competition spring kit from Wilson Combat, and wanted to know if anyone has had any reliability issues with 12# hammer springs in their gun. Federal primers I know should be able to work quite easily so I'm not wanting examples with people only using that, I'm curious about the 12# and maybe even 13# hammer spring and the ignition results everyone has gotten. I'll be messing with the springs on my own time tomorrow, but I wanted to see how everyone else has done with it. 

Thanks!

I have also run a 12# for years. In fact my M9A1 has an 11# and my 92X Defensive has a 10#. I have been toting around a 12# in case I have a problem at an idpa match. Never needed it though. I will replace it because I gave it away today to a guy who shot his first match w/ a new 92X Compact. I am not sure what his gun comes with but am pretty sure he will see an improvemnt w/ a 12#.