Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fast and Friendly Auto drive for RL 1100

CenTX

Saw this this morning, looks very interesting,but requires a total commitment. You have to send your press for modification and they machine it to work with their drive. Looks pretty nice. Has anyone used one?

https://tacticaldefenseusa.com/index.php/2022/10/08/the-fast-and-friendly-brass-auto-drive-solution-for-the-dillon-rl1100/

Fast and Friendly RL 1100 auto drive.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, 67isb said:

I don't see any benefit in having to modify the frame and immediately voiding the warranty.

I'd rather go with proven options for  automating a Dillon.

Yup, me too~  I wouldn't invest my hard earned money on Fast and Friendly brass company.  Extremely rude and unprofessional company, but that's just me. Plus, its not a proven system such as Mark7 auto drive, and others out there.  

IMO, having owned the RL1100 and now an Apex 10, I would definitely prefer the digital belt driven Mark7 automation unit.  

If using the 8 station RL1100/S1050 with the Mark7 unit, and you later want to upgrade to say the 10 station Apex 10, then for an additional $250, you can use the same automation unit!  And your S1050/RL1100 would still be un-modified in case you decided to sell or re-purpose.