Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up a CZ TS2 in 40S&W for practical shooting

Digitallpeter

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to guide me in setting up a TS2 in 40 for some competition shooting. 
Looking for recommendations on parts, specifically; what will fit in the 40 version of the TS2? What recoil spring to start with? Any recommendations to improve the trigger (I know it's already good, but like everything, it can be better).

And any other upgrade suggestions, please. 

Then personally I would add some lok brass or g10 grips, shadow 2 style mag release, MAAAYYYBE a better magwell but shouldn't be necessary at first, get some more mags with 140mm base pads and let it rip. As for the trigger id leave it for now theyre pretty damn good stock. For springs just get a few recoil springs and test which one you like. You could add a *thumb rest [generic]* as well but youll have to drill and tap the frame.

The real answer here is to buy a TSO. That said there isn't really anything you need (or can) to do to the thing. Here are some "add on's", not sure if I'd call them upgrades:

- I'd say to replace the thumb rest but since you got the base model 2 you'd need to drill and tap it to install one.

- You can get a cgw hammer to "improve" the trigger's travel, but you increase the pull weight in doing so. I wouldn't, the stock trigger is fine. 

- The only thing I actually dislike about the TS platform is the crappy magwell they come with, I made my own. 

- If you're competing in limited you'll want a race style holster, DAA, Ghost, CR speed, dealers choice. If you plan to compete in limited you'll need mag extensions and spring kits (springer or CZC extensions + grams spring kit). I

- As far as actual parts go, I'm not sure what the TS2 comes with but honestly the only thing I'd replace is the guide rod if it comes with a plastic one for a stainless steel one (it may already have one idk). 

- It should come with a few recoil springs, shoot the gun for a while and learn the recoil impulse then adjust springs by taking slow motion video and finding the spring rate that gives you the best return to zero. 

The tac sport line is pretty good out of the box. You won't improve much on it, like I said most of the things you can do to it are "add on's" rather than "upgrades" 

I agree on the the comment about getting a TSO instead. 

But since you have the base TS 2 already no point of suggesting the TSO.

First obvious thing is get CZC 140mm mag extensions with the CZC guts for your mags.  That gives you 20+1 capacity.

Replace the grips with Lok bogies for better purchase.  Palm Swells are good if you have larger hands or running a flat trigger since it moves the trigger back a bit.

If you want add weight than Lok Brass grips

Leave the fire controls alone unless you like something like the flat triggers.

Nothing wrong with the magwell so no need to run out to buy another.  Just verify if the the magwell is blended to the grip on the inside.

I would look to see if you can find someone to drill and tap the frame for a thumb rest or get a SSI nitro fin/Tevo thumb rest if you want a thumb rest.

I ran with a 12 lb spring using 172 PF ammo on my TSO when I had it

42 minutes ago, sandflea316 said:

I agree on the the comment about getting a TSO instead. 

But since you have the base TS 2 already no point of suggesting the TSO.

First obvious thing is get CZC 140mm mag extensions with the CZC guts for your mags.  That gives you 20+1 capacity.

Replace the grips with Lok bogies for better purchase.  Palm Swells are good if you have larger hands or running a flat trigger since it moves the trigger back a bit.

If you want add weight than Lok Brass grips

Leave the fire controls alone unless you like something like the flat triggers.

Nothing wrong with the magwell so no need to run out to buy another.  Just verify if the the magwell is blended to the grip on the inside.

I would look to see if you can find someone to drill and tap the frame for a thumb rest or get a SSI nitro fin/Tevo thumb rest if you want a thumb rest.

I ran with a 12 lb spring using 172 PF ammo on my TSO when I had it

Thank you for this. Will try some of this. 

I would reccomend basepads and springs for 140mm mags or just get the MBX mags.

Grips of your choice

I personally prefer an Aluminum trigger and would change out the poly trigger

Mag catch I prefer the shadow 2 style ones and would change it, but if the current one works for you its not needed.