Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Integrally suppressed 10/22 without the baffle stack installed for steel challenge

Daslinger

I have a AWC ULTRA 13 integrally suppressed 10/22. The gun is super accurate and super light weight. 
I was thinking of removing the baffle stack and just trying  the gun for steel challenge. The “barrel” of the gun is 16” but the actual barrel is probably around 10”-12”.

I wonder if the bullet exiting the barrel with basically an open end……would be loud enough to register on the timer ?

Also I wonder if it would hurt the gun. I figure the bullet would leave the end of open barrel without a problem without hitting anything because it would just be empty barrel for say 6” until the bullet exited.

it’s just that the gun even with the baffle stack installed is just so light and pointable/easy to shoot. And my volquartsen is a little heavy…….so maybe try using the integrally suppressed rifle with the one piece baffle stack and end cap removed.

Is it a crazy idea.

Thanks,
Daslinger

Edited by Daslinger
Changed name at end of post to match screen name

• 2 weeks later...

Suppressed PCC's are specifically not allowed by rule. There isn't a no suppressor rule for RFRO or RFRI....at least that I was able to find. The only issue you would have shooting the barrel with the baffles removed would be filling the internal threads with lead spray. It can be difficult to clean it. You would be better off buying a ULW barrel from Wiland or a carbon wrapped barrel from Volquartsen.

• 1 month later...