Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Colorado State Championships

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely sunblock. and water..

there is very very little shade on the range...some have small covered tables, some will be able to utilize the covered are of the rifle ranges firing lines.

the range ground is clay and rock..so it is not sandy, but some of the bays can be dusty.

it has been warm this week..up in the 80s..we also had a pretty good thunderstorm yesterday...so with the mountains and the heat..might be prepared for possible afternoon rain.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll lube my blaster as usual and I always keep my mags dry.

There is actually a chance I won't be able to make it because of my job. :(

Even though I told them in January. :angry:

I'd say it's about 50/50 right now.

But I am packing to go! :D

FM

Are any results ready yet?

I had to leave early :(

:D Great match, great stages, good people,...I shot my worst ever, but it was still a nice shoot

Thanks to all the hard workers, wish I could have thanked them all :)

Jamie Foote

Hey Jamie..

didn't even know you were going to be here...

haven't seen them post up yet..just got home myself...The match staff has a couple hour longer drive than me.

Hey Jamie..

didn't even know you were going to be here...

haven't seen them post up yet..just got home myself...The match staff has a couple hour longer drive than me.

I had your name on my Crib sheet to look you up squad 6 ... but my head was falling off, :wacko: I even jambed up the squad stapeler when we tryed to fix a louse target.

JF

Was a great match, congratulations go out to eerw (Stuart) for being the Colorado State Production Champ.

Chris...

nice job on your 6th overall Open and 1st B..

nice to shoot with you..congratulations...

Thanks, I wish I had shot better. I screwed up on four stages, and the classifier nearly cost me the match. Trying to shoot that classifier when targets are moving in front of other targets and the wind pushing me around the shooting box, was not fun. :(

I think I have half the range inside my lungs at the moment. I have never seen it that windy before. <_<

Thanks, I wish I had shot better. I screwed up on four stages, and the classifier nearly cost me the match. Trying to shoot that classifier when targets are moving in front of other targets and the wind pushing me around the shooting box, was not fun. :(

I think I have half the range inside my lungs at the moment. I have never seen it that windy before. <_<

I just finished washing the other half out of my range bag, magazines and gun! :P

I do not even want to talk about the classifier! :(

Adverse conditions make great memories. :D

BTW. why were the classifier targets set so close to that steel fence?

Good times though; whe do we do it again! :D

FM

BTW. why were the classifier targets set so close to that steel fence?

If they had the targets further from the berm the angle of the targets for a shorter shooter could have caused bullets to leave the berm. If the targets had been secured to the fence then most of the problems would not have occurred. We had shoot throughs on that stage because the targets were moving so much.

The CO match results are posted on the USPSA site, under local matches for Practical Shooters Association of Colorado. I think they posted it that way because the CO state match fell on the weekend for the PSAC's regularly scheduled match.

Best way I fould to clean my gear after the sand storms was to plug in the air compressor and blow everything off with it. I was starting to have SWA flash-backs out there :rolleyes: . I got enough sand in my right eye, it's now completely blood-shot. It looks like someone hit me. It was worth it though.

BTW, If anyone wants copies of Roger's squad pic's (Squad 2), send me an e-mail: majorsm7@msn.com. He sent them to the those he had e-mail address' for, but he didn't have everyones.

Front Man, Stu and I were trying to figure out if you made the match or not, but you don't have your name on your profile. Hell, I shot the entire match with you and didn't even know it.

Sean

The back of my neck feels like it has been sand-blasted.

Note to self: Wear a helmet to the next Pueblo match.

Can you post your pics to the USPSA gallery ? I took my digital camera and did not take a single picture :(

ps. The CO match results are now showing under Major Match Results as CO State Championships

Edited by BritinUSA

I'll try to post the pics I took.

They need to be reduced and I'll have to reread how to post them.

Or should I send them to Sig Lady?

The sand had me made me reluctant to get my camera out too; most of the images I took were on Stage One where the dust wasn't so bad.

FM