Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Legion VS Max parts difference?

mSNACKS

Planning to go back to the 320 Legion platform. Really like the feel of the Max slide and unfortunately no option as of right now to buy just the slide without optic and barrel (if there is please let me know) Thinking I’ll just buy a Max and make the changes I want from there. Does anyone know if the legion and max use identical parts specifically barrel and fcu/internals? Not sure if the max is upgraded in anyway as it’s their flagship competition pistol. Also wanted to verify any aftermarket internals (greygun, keres etc) are all good to go on the Max

8 minutes ago, mSNACKS said:

Not sure if the max is upgraded in anyway as it’s their flagship competition pistol. Also wanted to verify any aftermarket internals (greygun, keres etc) are all good to go on the Max

Same exact gun.  FCU are the same, the barrel is the same.  All they did what make a new slide and include an optic and include different magazines.  All P320 aftermarket parts are good to go.  Be careful mismatching trigger components because you can run into situations where you override the internal safety.  There are threads on here about that.  Although not required but if you are looking to upgrade the trigger I would stick with the GG trigger or the Sig Armorers (SA) trigger.  If you have the money splurge for the SA trigger.  It is noticeably better than the GG trigger.   If you are on a budget the GG trigger is great.  

Edited by Boomstick303

16 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Same exact gun.  FCU are the same, the barrel is the same.  All they did what make a new slide and include an optic and include different magazines.  All P320 aftermarket parts are good to go.  Be careful mismatching trigger components because you can run into situations where you override the internal safety.  There are threads on here about that.  Although not required but if you are looking to upgrade the trigger I would stick with the GG trigger or the Sig Armorers (SA) trigger.  If you have the money splurge for the SA trigger.  It is noticeably better than the GG trigger.   If you are on a budget the GG trigger is great.  

When I was last on the platform almost 2 years ago, I had it set up with the grey guns internals and the keres adjustable trigger which at the time seemed like the best setup available. I was planning on the same setup unless this isn’t the best option now. Any advice appreciated as I haven’t been following the newest 320 aftermarket parts releases

17 minutes ago, mSNACKS said:

I was planning on the same setup unless this isn’t the best option now.

I do not remember the exact combo of parts that compromised the internal safety.  For the price of the Keres trigger with GG trigger, you would not be far off the SA trigger.  Just something to think about.  If you loved that combo before I am sure it would work perfectly fine.  

As far as what is best, that would be suggestive to the end user.   After installing the SA trigger it will be the only trigger I will be installing, unless some other crazy system that is infinitely better that gets the trigger closer to a 1911/2011 SA trigger comes out.  I am not sure if that is possible.  The SA trigger is pretty damn good.  

If you are dead set on the Max version, but can't find the slide, there is a company now offering to convert X5 Legion slides to fit the XL/Max footprint. They weld under the slide to beef up the are a for the new screw holes, mill the slide, then recut the screw holes for the larger optic. I'm considering getting it done for my Legion slide, which currently doesn't have an optic.

Stonebridge Gun Works X5 Legion Cut

Edited by bulldog009

5 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I do not remember the exact combo of parts that compromised the internal safety.  For the price of the Keres trigger with GG trigger, you would not be far off the SA trigger.  Just something to think about.  If you loved that combo before I am sure it would work perfectly fine.  

As far as what is best, that would be suggestive to the end user.   After installing the SA trigger it will be the only trigger I will be installing, unless some other crazy system that is infinitely better that gets the trigger closer to a 1911/2011 SA trigger comes out.  I am not sure if that is possible.  The SA trigger is pretty damn good.  

It wasn't a specific part. The problem was if the trigger had a pre-travel screw.

If you were aggressive about removing pre-travel then you could end up with a trigger far enough to the rear that the striker safety was deactivated other than when the trigger was pulled. The pre-travel adjustment basically "pre-pulls" the initial trigger travel.

As far as I know both the Armory Craft and the Keres were capable of that.