Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can’t add photos to the forum, help.

Reloader98

So when I try to add photos to a forum post, I can’t actually add it. When I do the site says the file is too large. I’m using an iPhone 11 and take good resolution photos but their not 4K or anything crazy. So for, I have had to make a google link to the photos and some people have said they can’t see them, so idk what to do. 

as I’m trying to add a photo of my gun to this post, it said the file was larger than 1.95 mega bites and was skipped. With todays tech that’s really small. Any reliable way to add photos ??? 

has anyone else had this problem, what helped,  if anything ? 

here is the link to the photos of my gun. As a test please tell me if you can see them or can’t access them, thanks gents. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yhF9Gs2wqxx6GwPz9 

Thanks ramnj , appreciate the feedback, good that the link worked for you. Have you ever had the problem with not being able to add the photos? Obviously I can see that you don’t have that problem now but have you ever experienced it in the past? 

Here's what I've found works--take a screenshot of your photo. The file size of a screenshot is smaller than the original photo every time I've done it. Then post your screenshot as the pic. If I have multiple pics, then I simply add them as replies to my original post.

It most likely is something with your browser, as the forum limit is 5 meg pics. If you are using a computer to post from, there are many programs that can edit picture size. If you are using just your phone, there are programs to edit picture size, but it sounds like it is an issue with your settings.

Also, your post above constitutes an ad outside of the classifieds forum. I have removed the ad part of your post. All ads must be in the classifieds forum.

4 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

It most likely is something with your browser, as the forum limit is 5 meg pics. If you are using a computer to post from, there are many programs that can edit picture size. If you are using just your phone, there are programs to edit picture size, but it sounds like it is an issue with your settings.

Also, your post above constitutes an ad outside of the classifieds forum. I have removed the ad part of your post. All ads must be in the classifieds forum.

I thought I posted this in classifieds??. When I chose the topic I chose classifieds. There was nothing else to choose besides subtopics under the classifieds section. I don’t understand why it has to be removed. If you could explain to me how to post directly into classifieds that would be nice because I chose the classifieds section to ask this given that not being able to add the photos was because I’m trying to add them in a classifieds post. 

2 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

I thought I posted this in classifieds??. When I chose the topic I chose classifieds. There was nothing else to choose besides subtopics under the classifieds section. I don’t understand why it has to be removed. If you could explain to me how to post directly into classifieds that would be nice because I chose the classifieds section to ask this given that not being able to add the photos was because I’m trying to add them in a classifieds post. 

I believe when you posted it, it WAS in the classifieds forum...but, because of your thread title, one of the mods moved it to the report bugs and feedback forum, without actually reading the post. Your thread title was the cause of that. 

Post a new ad in the classifieds, with what you have to sell in the thread title. 

27 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

I believe when you posted it, it WAS in the classifieds forum...but, because of your thread title, one of the mods moved it to the report bugs and feedback forum, without actually reading the post. Your thread title was the cause of that. 

Post a new ad in the classifieds, with what you have to sell in the thread title. 

Thanks, will do.