Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide stop stuck in up position/320X5

oddjob

Sig 320X5 Legion.  Bought the small size grip and put the tungsten grip weight in.  Put the fire control unit (fcu) in along with the takedown lever.  Put the slide on and locked it to the rear.  The slide stop won't go down to release the slide.  What am I doing wrong??

thanks   

16 hours ago, oddjob said:

Sig 320X5 Legion.  Bought the small size grip and put the tungsten grip weight in.  Put the fire control unit (fcu) in along with the takedown lever.  Put the slide on and locked it to the rear.  The slide stop won't go down to release the slide.  What am I doing wrong??

thanks   

Is there a magazine in it? Not being a wise ass. Promise. I've done that.

Kinda figured this out.  I saw there is a small tab that snaps forward when the slide release is pushed up with the slide off.  When I assemble the the slide onto the frame and lock the slide to the rear & rotate the takedown lever the tab is still in the "back" position.  If I push the tab forward the slide release is free and the slide can be released forward.  The part is called  the takedown safety lever.  Not sure why the tab won't move forward on its own.

Maybe its rubbing against the grip module?

Edited by oddjob

2 hours ago, oddjob said:

Kinda figured this out.  I saw there is a small tab that snaps forward when the slide release is pushed up with the slide off.  When I assemble the the slide onto the frame and lock the slide to the rear & rotate the takedown lever the tab is still in the "back" position.  If I push the tab forward the slide release is free and the slide can be released forward.  The part is called  the takedown safety lever.  Not sure why the tab won't move forward on its own.

Maybe its rubbing against the grip module?

Like @Boomstick303recommended, watching this video should shed some light on the interaction of the TSL (takedown safety lever) and the slide release!

https://youtu.be/MjRYRTGe2eQ

The Slide Stop Lever and the Takedown Safety Lever definitely interact; and can give us problems if they are not in the correct positions during reassembly! 

Slide Stop Lever Details.png

Takedown Safety Lever Details.png

The little tab there in the red circle (bottom picture) is the part that refuses to go into the slide release hole you have in the circle (top picture).  When the slide is locked back I push tab area towards the muzzle and then all is well.  I think the side of the safety lever is rubbing against the grip module (frame). 

Had to put the gun down and take the dogs for a walk to figure this out to this point.  I'm not familiar with the Sig system (dogs were happy though!).

15 hours ago, oddjob said:

The little tab there in the red circle (bottom picture) is the part that refuses to go into the slide release hole you have in the circle (top picture).  When the slide is locked back I push tab area towards the muzzle and then all is well.  I think the side of the safety lever is rubbing against the grip module (frame). 

Had to put the gun down and take the dogs for a walk to figure this out to this point.  I'm not familiar with the Sig system (dogs were happy though!).

Is it the same problem as in this thread?  https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/p320-slide-stuck-during-reassembly-without-takedown-lever.373640/

OK.....Polished the Takedown Safety Lever.  That didn't do anything.  Then I added a dab of Slide Glide to the tab area and moved the Slide Glide around with a Q-Tip to get it under the tab area.  Also added some to the side and bottom of the Takedown Safety Lever.  The slide stop now works and releases the slide.  Thanks for all the help.  I'll see how long this holds up. 

Edited by oddjob