Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Redback x Patriot Defense Brass Grips

mule169

I am known for wanting heavy ass guns so I reached out to Patriot Defense to build me some custom brass grips and for the public and they took on the task! Here is a sneak peak of the current progress.

The gun in the photos is the Phoenix Swiss Redback HEAVY DA/SA

40B2A180-6FC9-4B97-BEF5-338FD5D00642.jpg
660E9CAD-9276-4AFE-B13E-DF4F1E480108.jpg

9 hours ago, Bigzona said:

Nice!

Not to derail the thread, but tell us about that replacement you've got there for the extended safeties the pistol comes with.

Sup Drew, it’s Dennis. Allen shaved down the safety because it activated so easy that every time I shot it, the safety would engage. Lol.  

Just now, mule169 said:

which safety did you fit? I had just sent Patriot the flat safety to install, completely flat. 

It is a factory slim left safety. Same profile as the safety on the right side of the gun in its default configuration. 

I don't think a totally flat safety exists as a factory option, and I can's shave the safety down like you have and still keep it legal for IPSC Production.

Just now, Blackstone45 said:

It is a factory slim left safety. Same profile as the safety on the right side of the gun in its default configuration. 

I don't think a totally flat safety exists as a factory option, and I can's shave the safety down like you have and still keep it legal for IPSC Production.

https://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/cz-shadow-2-orange/948-cz-flat-safety-set-shadow-2--9384045005642.html

I asked Patriot Defense to fit this however they can. Did you have any trigger work done to yours ? I don’t know if it’s because I did trigger work to it that the safety activates so often now. 

1 hour ago, mule169 said:

https://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/cz-shadow-2-orange/948-cz-flat-safety-set-shadow-2--9384045005642.html

I asked Patriot Defense to fit this however they can. Did you have any trigger work done to yours ? I don’t know if it’s because I did trigger work to it that the safety activates so often now. 

I have worked on the trigger, but I don't think it's related to that. I also have a stock Redback light and the safety is also easy to bump up on that. 

47 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

I have worked on the trigger, but I don't think it's related to that. I also have a stock Redback light and the safety is also easy to bump up on that. 

good to know it’s the safety, I was thinking of making the safety harder to engage but unsure how. But the flat safety has fixed it temporarily but I do find my self engaging it from time to time

7 minutes ago, mule169 said:

good to know it’s the safety, I was thinking of making the safety harder to engage but unsure how. But the flat safety has fixed it temporarily but I do find my self engaging it from time to time

There is a small safety spring  - I don't know if using a higher strength spring might help. The other question is where to find such a spring.

49 minutes ago, bigdave24 said:

I wish the slim safety was available in the US. I haven’t found a way to order it from Europe either.

Same! I kind of work around it resting my strong hand thumb off the frame on the back of my support thumb. Trying to wrap my arthritic thumb over the safety ledge is pretty painful!

It’s very disappointing they won’t send parts to the US.  If something breaks you have a very expensive paper weight. It’s a real negative in my opinion, and I wish I knew it before I purchased the pistol (which I really like).

7 hours ago, bigdave24 said:

It’s very disappointing they won’t send parts to the US.  If something breaks you have a very expensive paper weight. It’s a real negative in my opinion, and I wish I knew it before I purchased the pistol (which I really like).

I don't understand why they don't. Have you asked their importer, The Attic Importers in Minot? They should easily be able to bring in all sorts of uncontrolled spare parts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, mule169 said:

I am known for wanting heavy ass guns so I reached out to Patriot Defense to build me some custom brass grips and for the public and they took on the task! Here is a sneak peak of the current progress.

The gun in the photos is the Phoenix Swiss Redback HEAVY DA/SA

40B2A180-6FC9-4B97-BEF5-338FD5D00642.jpg
660E9CAD-9276-4AFE-B13E-DF4F1E480108.jpg

These grips have gone live! Looks like they're using your photos as well

• 4 weeks later...