Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 40SW Minor

cheby

I have only used Tripp 10mm mags since they came out. I have a set of older system 10 rd mags that have been used in a few pistols. I use 180 and 200 GR to load minor. Runs great no issues other than newest gun doesn’t like certain bullet profiles. I prefer the gun loaded to 140 pf with 140 coated bullets. Nice, smooth and runs with 10 rd mags. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for coming into this late. For starters mag length is an issue. The 1911 must fit the box with mag inserted. 2nd the Tripp Cory mags are what I use exclusively in both major and minor.  Never had an issue. I only have them because I got them with a pistol I purchased. Prior to that I was using Wilson combat 47D mags for major. Works great in all my 1911 40 s&w (and I do have a few)

Hope this helps 

On 9/15/2022 at 12:57 PM, cheby said:

I have no issue with shooting SS major. There are some matches, however, where having 10rds is beneficial. So I just wanted to have an opinion. No big deal if I don’t.

My understanding of this plan is always loading major, but when it calls for it just declare minor. Even if I decide to shoot minor after walking stages, there is no way i'm traveling/flying with 2 different sets of ammo for the same gun.