Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Contact Lenses

Prescription sunglasses ;)

But in all honesty I tried shooting with contacts and found them to be not worth the hassle because I would move my eyes too quickly and vision would be blurred as the contacts shifted. That and exactly your issue with dirt and dryness. There isn't any contacts that are better than others for that situation since they all rely on being moisturized. rewetting eye drops might be a good solution if they keep on getting dry.

I’ve worn contacts for 25 years. I’ve never had them shift because I moved my eyes too fast. They are sized to fit your eye.  I’ve knocked them out of place rubbing my eye or what not but never have they done it on their ow. 

I wear acuvue oasys hydraclear. They are designed to help with eye moisture and I don’t have dry eye issues anymore. The type of contact does make a difference. For dry eyes it’s more about the wind blowing on them than anything else. 

If the contact lens is correctional for astigmatism then it can rotate in some conditions leading to a momentary blur. I have seen this but it has never affected my shooting to any noticeable degree.

I always used to carry lubricating eye-drops when I was shooting or working a match in case of dryness.

6 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

If the contact lens is correctional for astigmatism then it can rotate in some conditions leading to a momentary blur.

I unfortunately struggle with this. When it’s dry, that blur can stick until I get drops. I just got ordered prescription safety glasses from Wiley X. They’re good enough to wear in the office and I pop on the side shields for shooting. My next pair will be prescription sunglasses.  

1 hour ago, John Whidden said:

I've had excellent results with Precision 1 contacts by Alcon.  Importantly to me, the quality is very consistent from one lens to the next.  I had too much quality variation with Acuvues.

Thanks John. Precision 1 was what I was originally looking at changing to from Hubble.