Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used my P320 legion for a 7k biathlon that involved total water immersion. I noticed that within a few hours (just long enough to pack everything up, grab dinner, and drive home) a considerable amount of light surface rust built up.  A thorough cleaning was sufficient to remove it, but the magazines are a different story. I'm having trouble removing the rust on the inside of the mags, and the springs (disassembled obviously). A very fine steel wool works on the parts I can reach, but I'm struggling with the small areas.  

Any tips for removing rust, and/or preventing it in the first place? Many of my other firearms have endured worse, and so long as they were cleaned before storage, they were fine.  

Try a light solution of vinegar in an ultrasonic cleaner. I use it for old bolts all the time. It'll strip parkerizing and some bluing as well, so watch how long you leave it in. Run it nice and hot, immediately spray with a water displacement formula, then properly coat with your preferred oil.