Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cr speed model "G" holster

A33435

I use the "normal" ghost holster and not the one that's called "Super Ghost Holster"

I am satisfied with it but for some reason i think the

CR-speed can give me a better feeling when faced with a holster-retentiontest.  

Thusfar i've seen shooters and topshooters use the Cr-speed but no glockshooters.

David, i haven't seen Richard shooting productiondivision (yet) In that division he will also be hard to beat i guess. Keep training!

I'll try to contact him at the match in Ochten since i have not his e-mail and contacting through the NPSAforum is not possible anymore.

DVC

Adrie

I have a CR speed for my Glock, and It is comparable to the Safariland 012 I have for an STI.  It might be a little less adjustable, but it is WAY more secure!!

Bottom line:  I'd recomment the CR to anyone.  As an aside, Phil Strader is switching to them also.  Good enough for him, good enough for me...

Tom

Adrie,

As far as I know he will do prod div at Ochten. We trained together. And yes he is hard to beat. Anyway ask him about the CR and he will tell you what he thinks about it. I am sorry I will not be there. Other engagements.  

CU.

DVC

David

(Edited by JeeDee at 2:58 pm on Dec. 5, 2002)

I use the CR Speed 2000 "G" model for my G20.  It's a good holster after I did some unexpected and needed mods.....

The muzzle-cup was too small for the g20's muzzle!

I had to gring out the ribs that surround that screw so the gun's muzzle would fit more solidly in the recess.

This suprised me cuase the holster was suppose to fit a glock....maybe just the large frames have this problem?

The good news is that the same holster will fit a 1911 with some factory available parts.  At RaceGunNats, the Rescomp guy gave me all the shims and stuff to allow it to fit my P14.  Kinda neat, good retention and no mods  to the gun like the Ghost needs.

TD

Hello TDean.  The good angels have finally convinced a friend to part with his un-used CR speed 2000 for half the price.  It's designed for the glock and was wondering from your post above the things I'll need to make it compatible with my 1911.  Any sites you can point me to?  Thanks.

McO, you know...I tried the website thing and the distributor thing, but couldn't find very much info on the needed parts to convert to 1911.  The rescomp gentelman at Nationals just picked a bunch of parts out of his "tackle box" and put them in a baggie for me.

Maybe you can order them from rescomps website?

http://www.rescomp.co.za/rhtintro.html

MCO i hope you get a respons from rescomp.

29th of november and 5th december i also shot some mails but i think i missed because there's no respons yet....

One of the things i asked was if safariland magpouches with 11/2 " loops are suposed to fit their Nylon Reinforced Competition Belt . Before i switch to the right forum for this question maybe i can get an answer here?

Greetings

Adrie

Well i am conviced, next year i will try the CR speedgear.

Just ordered the CR 2001 holster for Glock. (wich should be better than the model G. ) Also ordered some new model magpouches with the adjustment screws as standard. The safariland magpouches with 11/2 "l oops just don't fit the CRspeed-belt.

Rescomp.co.za didn't answer my e-mails, strange......

So i ordered for the same price at Saul Kirsch's new company http://www.DoubleAlpha.biz

DVC

Adrie

sigh...no response from email yet.  I did, however, get the chance to compare it side-by-side with a friend's newly bought CR speed (but model 2000 for the 1911).  I see 2 differences,  the model for the 1911 can fit the glock but with the spacers removed.  And the glock trigger guard will not be fully covered (there will be a small gap/opening in the rear).  Since the spacers are on only one side, this puts the gun further away (small spacer-thickness distance) from the body.  I see no point modifying my G model to fit a 1911 (drill holes for the spacer screws, put spacers, shave the rear end of the holster to fit the 1911 trigger guard contours, etc.) Probably just buy another one.  :) Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

CR Speed had some trouble with their email recently.

We finally got thru.  

My girlfriend received the holster that she won in the Junior raffle.

It is for her G20.  :)

I was suprised to see that it wasn't the old "G" model.  This was a 2000 for Glock...no bump-out in the trigger-guard area.

The muzzle cup fits the G20.

The holster also works well for the OPEN G34 with KKM comp.  I am not using a THE or Carver mount, but mine attaches in a similar manner.  I didn't need to make any adjustments to make it fit.  (good thing too...it is my girlfriends holster)