Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using GT Targets Static Clay Target Holders for Shotgun matches?

Cuz

I'm looking for a durable single clay target holder for a shotgun match.  I know a lot of you skilled guys are making your own, but I'm not one of those guys.  I found a lot of holders online, that don't look durable enough to survive a shotgun match, and only two that look like they would.

MGM Targets makes makes a set of 6 for $152 which look very nice, but are expensive.

GT Targets makes a set of 12 for $120 which is much more reasonable:

http://www.gttargets.com/ShotGunand3GunTargets.htm

I just can't find any decent pics of reviews online.  I know both MGM and GT make good stuff and sponsor lots of shooting events.  Is anyone out there using the GT Target holders and if so, can you provide any feedback as to their longevity and durability?

Also, if there's another manufacturer out there making decent/durable single clay target holders please pass along some info or a link.

Thanks,

-Cuz

Edited by Cuz

Ok, if nobody is using these, what are you all using for single clay target holders that are durable enough to hold up for a match?

If you are making your own, please provide some details and pics if possible so I can try and find someone local to make some for me.

Thanks,

-Cuz

These are similar to the GT Targets Static Clay Target Holders.  I have not used or seen these used in person, just posting for better images of the stand design.

Nolan

Superior Ideas  currently Four 24" tall stands $58

https://sitargets.com/product/4-pc-24-38-ar500-clay-pigeonknock-target-stand-set/

pigeionflippers-300x300.jpgclaypigeonstandcloseup-300x300.jpg

AR500 Targets currently Five 22" tall stands for $70

https://ar500steel-targets.com/product/clay-pigeon-holder-knock-down-stands/#

Knock-Down-Target-Base-copy-700x700.jpg

GT Target  Clay_Target_Holder.pngCurrently 12 various height stands for $120 or 6 for $65

https://www.gttargets.com/ShotGunand3GunTargets.htm#Static Clay Target Holder

Edited by Nolan

If you give me a day or two, I have a prototype that I started on like 10 years ago that I can post a pic or two of.  I never did get around to finishing it.  😞  I am not saying it is better or worse than any of the current designs.  Just different.

I don’t know what GT targets charges for shipping and handling, but 10 bucks each is super CHEAP!  In my opinion.

Thanks for the info Nolan. 
I'm still wondering if anyone is actively using any of those holders, and if so, how do they work?

I did send GT Targets an email asking about shipping but haven’t heard back. Might have to give them a call. 

On 8/16/2022 at 5:38 AM, Cuz said:

Thanks for the info Nolan. 
I'm still wondering if anyone is actively using any of those holders, and if so, how do they work?

I did send GT Targets an email asking about shipping but haven’t heard back. Might have to give them a call. 

If Carl is coming up this way he'll drop them off at no charge. He brought up about 20 SC plates and bases for use at my club. Otherwise I think it was going to be around $400+ to ship. 

12 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

If Carl is coming up this way he'll drop them off at no charge. He brought up about 20 SC plates and bases for use at my club. Otherwise I think it was going to be around $400+ to ship. 

Hey Squirrel,

yeah, I talked to Karl, he was very cooperative, gave me a couple of dates he was coming up to the Sig Academy in September and October if I wanted to have him drop anything off to save on shipping. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know it’s been a few weeks, but I finally remembered  to take a pic(s). My idea about 10 years ago was to make my own stakes…maybe out of rebar???.  Then a square hollow tube  would get welded onto the back with a threaded nut and bolt with a T handled welded on it.  The square tube would be oriented on the vertical axis.  It would slip over the (rebar???) stake.  Then a few twists of the T handled bolt locked it in place height wise on the stake.  

783E1068-C5D4-45AA-97E5-08534ED90E31.thumb.jpeg.34a03a7d60f773b2c52f38c754a45634.jpeg