Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have a high-round count on a Tanfoglio Round slide?

DenC

Hello everyone, I'm a new member here from the Philippines. Been lurking here for a little bit and I find that the information shared here about Tanfoglio pistols is fantastic! And I guess you can say I been bitten by the Tanfoglio bug. 😁

Have a question hope some of the members here might be able to answer.

Does anyone here have a high round count on a Tanfoglio Round slide? If yes, please share what caliber, slide finish, how many rounds you have fired through the gun and how it has held up.

I just got an Armscor/RIA-Tanfoglio MAP 1 FS, 4.4 inch barrel, black slide (parkerized, I think), steel frame in 9x19 which I am considering using to start sport shooting. This gun's frame and slide is made by Tanfoglio in Italy and is assembled and marked Armscor/Rock Island here in the Philippines. I think barrel may be made here in the Philippines though, but not too sure. I understand this very same gun as assembled by Armscor/RIA was exported to the USA in the past. I also think this is the same pistol as the Tanfoglio Combat F as seen in Tanfoglio's global website and as sold by Italian Firearms Group in the USA

Was just wondering how long will my round slide last. I have researched a bit and found that there have been round slide cracking issues in the past (and a very few happening with square slides too), mostly in 10mm and wonder-finished guns. It is nearly impossible for me to get a Square slide here and if in case my round slide breaks, I will only be probably able to get another round slide too, that is if I even get a replacement slide at all.

Looking forward to all you replies and thank you!

Sorry for the poor quality picture of my pistol. 

Map 1-2.jpg

One of the friends has  stock 3 Worked from first day  with Buffer. The barrel broke into 2 pieces after 200k rounds of factory 9mm ammunition.  slide still O.K. other  club member use it without buffer .slide cracked after 50k factory 9mm ammo 

mine worked with buffer ~100k  .unfortunately it was stolen from my house. 

Hi All! Thank you very much for your replies.

The Stock 2, 3 , 1 and Match models have  what I think is called a 'Match' slide which is has more material than a Round slide or maybe even a Squared slide. Squared and Round slides are most often seen in non-competition/combat models of the Tanfoglio. Match and Squared slides do have more material than the slimmer round slides which have a 'scalloped' appearance. As far as I know Squared slides are no longer made for competition/combat models. If the round slide of my gun lasts 30k I would be a happy man. Hoping someone with an appreciable round count on a Round slide would chime in too. Again, thank you.

Round slide
image.png.c7ac76ab740c69bd86c9f5f94584f648.png

Square slide

image.png.81b10b73f8c3db7b3a11f367a165b59b.png

Match slide

image.png.f15972aafc2bd65fca3368557dc1e81d.png

21 hours ago, yigal said:

One of the friends has  stock 3 Worked from first day  with Buffer. The barrel broke into 2 pieces after 200k rounds of factory 9mm ammunition.  slide still O.K. other  club member use it without buffer .slide cracked after 50k factory 9mm ammo 

mine worked with buffer ~100k  .unfortunately it was stolen from my house. 

Maybe I should throw a buffer in my stock 2’s 

• 1 month later...

Just got myself a Tanfoglio Stock 1. I guess this would be more suitable for Production class. Not that my MAP1 would be a bad choice. Also looking at a Stock 3 in the future.

Like I said, I have been bitten by the Tanfoglio bug 😅

Had a chat with 2 guys from 2 different Armscor firing ranges here in the Philippines as well as one of their customer service reps from the main factory. They offer Tanfoglios/MAPP 1 models with the round slides as range rental guns and among all the guns they have in the many years they have had them, only 1 has had an issue with the slide and that was only after a very good number of rounds. However I also noted none of the guns here have the Wonderfinish. 

I guess that answers my original question in this post. 

Again, thanks to all.