Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SDB 9mm carbide ring came out

The adhesive apparently failed and the carbide ring and cartridge case came out of the die body.  The case is stuck on the ring.  I plan on calling Dillon Monday (it’s Sunday morning).  I expect Dillon will replace it eventually, but the SDB 9mm sizing die shows as backordered on Dillon’s website, so God knows how long that will be.  

So, anybody have any luck reattaching the carbide ring in the die body?  I was thinking JB Weld or red Loctite and maybe staking.  Thanks in advance.

I had this happen with a carbide 9mm regular die.  They had me send everything to them and recrimped the carbide ring into a new die body.  Had it back in under 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.  Called Dillon and sent the die body and ring back for repair on August 1st.  Just got it back yesterday (August 12).  One day turnaround time once Dillon got it.  Rest of the time was shipping by USPS.

Thanks, Dillon, for the great customer service, especially for a 35 year old press.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:30 AM, ChuckS1 said:

Just an update.  Called Dillon and sent the die body and ring back for repair on August 1st.  Just got it back yesterday (August 12).  One day turnaround time once Dillon got it.  Rest of the time was shipping by USPS.

Thanks, Dillon, for the great customer service, especially for a 35 year old press.

Good to hear iv got 2 SDBs. One is probably older then me 😬