Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help needed!!! Load data for IDPA CCP out of a G19

Tactimepropew

I just got my first press and trying to load my own match ammo for my G19 in CCP div. I have been shooting factory ammo all the time, the new rule brings down PF for CCP to 115. I'm looking for 120pf load. I have 124 and 147 coated bullet and titegroup and cci #500. Thank you very much if any one could share the load data for a such load. 

Do I need to replace my recoil spring to shoot a 120 PF round? If so, what lb of the spring should I use? Big thanks!!!!!!!

Yes you will need a spring change. You will be better off Not going down to 120 pf. With a 13 lb spring. My 19 bearly ejects 130 pf ammo. Using a 115 gr bullet. Change to a 135 gr at same power factor. Brass flies several feet.

Edited by AHI

2 hours ago, AHI said:

Yes you will need a spring change. You will be better off Not going down to 120 pf. With a 13 lb spring. My 19 bearly ejects 130 pf ammo. Using a 115 gr bullet. Change to a 135 gr at same power factor. Brass flies several feet.

Thx bro!I will try It out. Wondering why the IDPA made change to CCP PF to 115PF…..If it’s so hard to shoot a 115pf load tho a CCP gun lol

Why they would lower CCP PF to 105 is anyones guess. I dont load specifically for CCP, I shoot my 130 PF ESP\CO ammo 

in my CCP guns. It chronos at 128PF out of the shorter barrel and I dont have ammo that is to weak to function in my other guns.

8.3.4 Ammunition minimum power factors:

8.3.4.1 SSP, ESP, CO 125

8.3.4.2 CDP 165

8.3.4.3 Stock REV, CCP, 105

8.3.4.4 Enhanced REV 155

8.3.4.5 BUG 95 8.3.4.6 PCC 135

5 hours ago, vegaspete61 said:

Why they would lower CCP PF to 105 is anyones guess. I dont load specifically for CCP, I shoot my 130 PF ESP\CO ammo 

in my CCP guns. It chronos at 128PF out of the shorter barrel and I dont have ammo that is to weak to function in my other guns.

8.3.4 Ammunition minimum power factors:

8.3.4.1 SSP, ESP, CO 125

8.3.4.2 CDP 165

8.3.4.3 Stock REV, CCP, 105

8.3.4.4 Enhanced REV 155

8.3.4.5 BUG 95 8.3.4.6 PCC 135

Thx bro, I may just run my SSP ammo out of my G19 than.

21 hours ago, Tactimepropew said:

I just got my first press and trying to load my own match ammo for my G19 in CCP div. I have been shooting factory ammo all the time, the new rule brings down PF for CCP to 115. I'm looking for 120pf load. I have 124 and 147 coated bullet and titegroup and cci #500. Thank you very much if any one could share the load data for a such load. 

Do I need to replace my recoil spring to shoot a 120 PF round? If so, what lb of the spring should I use? Big thanks!!!!!!!

The forum has an absolute wealth of reloading info, a simple search will probably turn up hundreds of pages. 

i just did a search of "titegroup", nothing else, in the search box in this forum...5,442 results. 

Titegroup AND 147 yielded 917 results (means that titgroup and 147 were mentioned in the same thread). 

3 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

The forum has an absolute wealth of reloading info, a simple search will probably turn up hundreds of pages. 

i just did a search of "titegroup", nothing else, in the search box in this forum...5,442 results. 

Titegroup AND 147 yielded 917 results (means that titgroup and 147 were mentioned in the same thread). 

Please read my posted question carefully…..I’m was looking for 120pf load specifically for Glock19. 

Edited by Tactimepropew

12 minutes ago, Tactimepropew said:

Please read my posted question carefully…..I’m was looking for 120pf load specifically for Glock19. If you are that smart, show me what you got after your research. Or do you don’t have any answer at all?

Do you really want to take that attitude with an admin? 

I don't shot a lot of IDPA.  Usually eather shoot CO or revolver. But just thinking lowering the PF for ccp. Probably is so guns like 43x , sig 365 ,etc can compete. Somewhere other than bug. Where they really don't (but do) fit.

Edited by AHI