Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 750 flair off center

I've noticed that my Dillon flair seems to be non- centered when loading .40. The bell on the case is more significant on one side compared to the other. Using stock Dillon powder funnel. Has anyone experienced this issue before, or know how to fix it? 

2 hours ago, CC3D said:

I've noticed that my Dillon flair seems to be non- centered when loading .40. The bell on the case is more significant on one side compared to the other. Using stock Dillon powder funnel. Has anyone experienced this issue before, or know how to fix it? 

What I have noticed is that the flare/bell typically has what I have assumed up to now to be a very slight oval shape.

As I rotate the case in the calipers I'll get slightly greater/lesser readings.

I have not noticed nor investigated if this only occurs at one point in the circumference or if it is a true oval shape.

Now that you bring this up I am curious.

I don't have any notes regarding this but I believe this has occurred to some degree in the past with more than one expander. Some Dillon, some not.

Up to now I have also assumed that some or all of the discrepancy is what is likely my less than stellar measuring technique.

Edited by ddc

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, CC3D said:

I'm still having issues with this. I've adjusted everything I can think of and even changed out my powder funnel, still having concentricity issues with my flair. 

Call Dillon while sitting at the press. They will trouble shoot with you. Probably needs an alignment tool