Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate round counts

Cowboy_Ninja

• 1 month later...

i should have been keeping better records but i suspect mine's in the roughly 30k-35k range. honestly, it's been great. nearly all major, initially super major as before i owned a chrono i used my friend's STi open ammo load that turned out to be 189pf through my barrel.  only real issue i've had has been the usual magazine problems before having them tuned and my optic mount loosening up before i drilled them out bigger and added a 4th screw.

My primary has about 15k and backup is close to 5k. I know two folks here in WA that had cracked slides on theirs, one around 50k and the other around 25k. CZ warrantied both I believe. 

14 hours ago, DavidSeavey said:

i should have been keeping better records but i suspect mine's in the roughly 30k-35k range. honestly, it's been great. nearly all major, initially super major as before i owned a chrono i used my friend's STi open ammo load that turned out to be 189pf through my barrel.  only real issue i've had has been the usual magazine problems before having them tuned and my optic mount loosening up before i drilled them out bigger and added a 4th screw.

Good to know. Any idea how many slide stop pins you have gone through? I’ll be lucky to get 10k in a year so this makes me feel better about going with a czechmate for the deal I got mine at.

3 hours ago, regor said:

My primary has about 15k and backup is close to 5k. I know two folks here in WA that had cracked slides on theirs, one around 50k and the other around 25k. CZ warrantied both I believe. 

Nice that they will warranty them should an issue arise. I’m loving this thing so far.

11 hours ago, Cowboy_Ninja said:

Good to know. Any idea how many slide stop pins you have gone through? I’ll be lucky to get 10k in a year so this makes me feel better about going with a czechmate for the deal I got mine at.

while i haven't broken any yet, i've cycled a few through but like round count i suppose i'm pretty bad about keeping track of them too because the non broken ones become backups and i stopped changing them.  hell my gun has all (but 1) original springs still, which i fully acknowledge are VERY overdue replacing!  i found a broken firing pin return spring once cleaning it but it hadn't caused any problems.

i really should clean it out more often too, i did a pretty good cleaning with full sear cage, heavy pick scraping of corners, and spraying it out last month but my hammer and trigger have never been out of it, and now that i've built a lower ledge thing for the bottom of my hand with tape and rubber i loathe the idea of taking the grips off even.  i just keep the locking lugs and rails clean and wet and lube it before every match.