Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heinie Rear/dawson Fo Front Sights For Glock 21

Navy87Guy

I picked up a Glock 21 that I plan on using in Limited 10. As part of the upgrade, I want to replace the stock Glock sights with something else. I've had several people recommend the Heinie rear/Dawson FO front sight (.105") combo as a good choice.

Here's my question: is there only one size for the sights? It seems like most Glock sights come in two sizes -- one for small/mid sized frames and one for large (G21) frames. I've only seen the Heinie/Dawson set offered in one size. I know that lots of people use them on G17/G34 -- would they work on something as big as a G21? How much would the POI be off?

I have a line on a free set (coming off a G34)....so I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort or if I should pursue something else.

Thanks!

Jim

With correct sight alignment the Heinie Slant-Pro/Dawson .105 mounted on my 34 shoots point of impact six inches higher than point of aim at 25 yards. Not hard to compensate but is this normal?

On my G17 and G34 they do hit a little lower at 25yds.

It might also be that you're used to seeing a certain amount of target above your front sight up close and then try to emulate that at 25yds. This will result it a low hit at 25yds. I have to remember to aim slightly higher on targets at 20-25yds especially on steel plate at those distances to compensate for the natural tendancy of wanting to see more of the target above the front sight. On an IPSC target I aim right at the top of the A zone at 25yds to make a good center hit.