Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo vs Defiant

Zachjet

I’m looking at buying one of two guns 

one is a tanfostock 2 worked by Jim jones 

the second is a Defiant stock master done by PD 

is one better then the other.  Or is it just a name change? 

im looking to use it for carry optics 

Edited by Zachjet

I’m coming from an M&p performance center

what made me really wanna go this route is when I shot my buddies Q5 match steel frame   I love the weight of the gun 

both guns are priced the same

The stock 2 is brand new with two magazines

The StockMaster is used with roughly 2-3k rounds through it

what comes with the slide already caught for an RMR. Five magazines with bases. Holster. Grips. And everything stock that came off the gun. 

i’m really leaning towards the stock master. This is gonna be my first steel frame gun. So I couldn’t tell you if I prefer a longer or shorter barrel

my performance center is only a 4.25 inch, but I’ve been trying to upgrade to a 5 inch for a while. The only thing stopping me is that a slide and barrel cost as much as a new gun

My Stock 2 has been worked over by Jim Jones. 100% recommend anything he touched.

It sounds like you're getting a solid price on the Stock Master. If the balance is something you want, plus the RMR cut, plus the rail, then you'd probably be better off picking that. The Stock Master has a lot of great features from the Stock 2 and more, so you can't go wrong.

For me the Stock 2 balances well and I had zero reason to want a rail. You could save some money and use a dovetail optic mount, or you'd need to send it out to get cut for Carry Optics. 

After chatting with jim on the phone for about 45 minutes.  I have him building me a stock master with all the internals and goodies….and he’s cutting for an optic.  Can’t wait to get my hands on it 

On 7/13/2022 at 4:48 AM, Zachjet said:

one is a tanfostock 2 worked by Jim jones 

the second is a Defiant stock master done by PD

I have both, like the Stock 2 better. You’ll be happy either way. 

Edited by HesedTech

On 7/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, Zachjet said:

After chatting with jim on the phone for about 45 minutes.  I have him building me a stock master with all the internals and goodies….and he’s cutting for an optic.  Can’t wait to get my hands on it 

He has them in stock? 

21 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

He has them in stock? 

Just got word that my guns done already and should be shipped next week 

give him a call.  Great guy to deal with.  He’s been sending me pictures and videos throughout the process 

1 hour ago, Zachjet said:

Just got word that my guns done already and should be shipped next week 

give him a call.  Great guy to deal with.  He’s been sending me pictures and videos throughout the process 

Damn. I've been looking at a stock 2 extreme fpr a while on GB. I mY just have to get in contact with this guy. 

+1 (757) 567-5993- Jim 

Great dude. 
literally spend 45 minutes in the phone just answering my questions.  I called him to ask about a gun he built that I was looking to buy second hand. He wasn’t trying to sell me anything, then it came up for him to just build me a new one.  I spent the few 100 more and went new