Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

akai titanium comp shoto vs gill

kewi

hi i'm having an open blaster built in 9mm. it'll mostly be used for minor (practice) and occasional major. which of the 2 comps will be best suited for my purpose? it wont have any popple holes btw..

thank you..was also considering the shoto before i saw shay's youtube video about comps..was hoping to get first hand experience with these comps..thanks for chiming in. think i'll settle with the shoto.

I have both (shoot and gill) but in steel.  They both work well, but the gill produces a softer recoil and perfectly vertical dot movement.

I have the binary 3 port on my other open gun and it seems more effective than both Akai comps.  Haven’t tested the binary 2 port.

was originally settled for the binary comp but as what you said, they seem to be unavailable..even the 2 port ones are not avaiable at the moment..guess i'll just wait for a little bit longer for them to be available if they do work better..binary 2 port vs 3, anyone have experience how both of them compare?

On 7/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, kewi said:

was originally settled for the binary comp but as what you said, they seem to be unavailable..even the 2 port ones are not avaiable at the moment..guess i'll just wait for a little bit longer for them to be available if they do work better..binary 2 port vs 3, anyone have experience how both of them compare?

Don at Venom Customs (donnyglock on here) may have good info for you as he’s used both in his open builds