Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroing Optic for PCC

thh425

I should have an opportunity this weekend to not only shoot another match but to also finally get a hard zero on my PCC. Details of which are a little foggy in my mind at the moment, but IIRC it's a 10.5 in barrel, free floated, with a Holosun 512C on top.

if the use-case for this thing is steel challenge, USPSA, etc. then at what distance is the convention to zero?

Chrono your load in the gun, then go online and find a site that will plot the trajectory of your bullet, and play around with different zero distances until you get a trajectory that keeps your bullet +/- 1/2” to 3/4” through the entire range of distances you will ever have to shoot at. Then, you will be confident that your dot will be on target regardless of the distance you have to shoot. 

On 6/22/2022 at 6:15 AM, Cuz said:

Chrono your load in the gun, then go online and find a site that will plot the trajectory of your bullet, and play around with different zero distances until you get a trajectory that keeps your bullet +/- 1/2” to 3/4” through the entire range of distances you will ever have to shoot at. Then, you will be confident that your dot will be on target regardless of the distance you have to shoot. 

Thanks for the input man.. much appreciated