Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE match today, my old friend "mike" showed up (twice) the b@stard !!

Today was the second of two monthly ICORE matches at the Phoenix Rod And Gun Club. Five stages, 100 rounds, 18 bucks.

There's an 8 dollar discount if you're member, and I am. The best part, we started at 8:00, and we were done by 10:00.

I actually did ok today. I took 12th out of 29. My two "mikes" cost me ten seconds. Without them I'd have moved up two places.

Here's a couple of guys I shot with on stage 1

Edited by ysrracer

Afterwards I joined a local cabal, (a knights of the round table, a think-tank if you will) for lunch and a discussion of socially relevant topics including, social justice, income inequality in America, and chicks.

(Hey, I'm a sexist not a racist)

Norm suggested The Original Carolina's Mexican Food on Mohave st. I checked my Michelin guide to see how many stars it had, but it seems to have been overlooked.

I find that some fine dining institutions with bars on the doors and windows, often are. Although the food was good, I ate my tacos with my "weak hand", because my strong hand was on my "pistola".

IMG_20220326_113854173_HDR.jpg

Edited by ysrracer

5 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Afterwards I joined a local cabal, (a knights of the round table, a think-tank if you will) for lunch and a discussion of socially relevant topics including, social justice, income inequality in America, and chicks.

(Hey, I'm a sexist not a racist)

Norm suggested The Original Carolina's Mexican Food on Mohave st. I checked my Michelin guide to see how many stars it had, but it seems to have been overlooked.

I find that some fine dining institutions with bars on the doors and windows, often are. Although the food was good, I ate my tacos with my "weak hand", because my strong hand was on my "pistola".

IMG_20220326_113854173_HDR.jpg

Two words come to my mind about that place, choice and choose. It’s my choice to choose another restaurant.

I didn't mean to insinuate that because I was in a Mexican Barrio I was in fear for my life, and needed to keep my hand on my gun.

It was the guys I was eating lunch with that scared the s#!t out of me :)

I don’t know man, from here those Mikes looked like doubles. You should file a protest…

I used to enjoy the ICORE matches back when I was shooting my 625 regularly.  Haven’t shot one in well over 10 years. 

8 hours ago, Cuz said:

I don’t know man, from here those Mikes looked like doubles. You should file a protest…

I used to shoot with Dan Nigro. We coined the term, "Nigro double".

My buddy told me I was only allowed one "Nigro double" a year, and did I want to use it at a local match :)