Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sanctioned State Match

Tree Rat

So my club is attempting to host a second sanctioned state match (major) and the issue of insurance liability has come up. Last year we pulled off an immensley successful, incident free match, drawing over 150 shooters.

This year the we are being asked what liability insurance is being provided, if any, by the national org that has sanctioned the match causing us to pause with a hmmmm. The host club has it's own operators insurance but I never considered anything else to be required until now. Fired an email off to the national org tonight but won't get answer till next week I imagine.

Who might be able to weigh in on this? What did or does your facility do to cover liabilities associated with hosting a sanctioned major match?

TR

IDPA doesn't insure local clubs or any sanctioned matches. There is even a caveat to that effect in the rulebook.

I know my club has a rider covering non members at matches. If you want to CYA insurance wise, make sure you have that, plus coverage for the people acting as SO's/RO's.

And you have to get it in writing, as the Agent's word means nothing if that coverage is needed.

Ted

• 5 weeks later...

The first thing you need to run any match is the liablity insurance binder. The sanctioning organizations do not provide it, nor will the host club, or property owner.

I allways used

http://www.carpenterinsurance.com/

It protects you and your staff from the injured party who sues the shooter, RO, Match Director, Club officers and property owners...