Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Style Infinity Mags?

adrone

So I am switching away from my current open setup. I have 5 old style Infinity mags. I bought them new from someone about 2 years ago he had them stored new  for a long time. Are they still desirable should I even try to sell them separate or nobody cares about them anymore? People still after them?

Not trying to sell on forum right now....I know its against the rules.

I have lucked out and purchased several old style SVI magazines,  I have never had any issues with them, period. Although I shot limited major. I've never had a bad one. I have sold several as well, usually a quick sale. 

1 hour ago, waynes_world_45 said:

I prefer them. MBX is a close second

I had bad luck with MBX springs wearing out quick on my big sticks. They were only lasting me 2-3 months before failures. I would take them out and they would be 3-4 coils short after that time. Partly my own fault for both overstuffing them and leaving them loaded sometimes. All things equal or equal abuse on my part  Mbx have been the fastest to wear with mine. Grams slightly better and Ismi's have been. lasting about 5-6 months or more. I was not able to get the Ismi's to work in the Mbx tubes. Then I had one open gun that just wouldn't run an Mbx at all no matter how many times different people tried to change feed lips so I gave up on them.

Edited by adrone

27 minutes ago, CocoBolo said:

imho the old SVI mags are the best for 9 Major with no spacer. Plain ole STI Mags work good for 38/38SC.  I always look for them when I drop in. 

I forgot spacers even existed until you just mentioned it. 

I had Gen 1 SVI mags in 40sw.  They ran great with TTI springs and followers.  For some reason they did not like Grams. 

I have no idea why @adrone has so many problems with MBX mags and springs.  When I was running 40sw I bought replacement springs for both the 140 and 170 mags.  I still have them.  After three seasons the originals were still going strong.  I've been running 170 and 155 MBX mags for two complete season.  Still the original springs and followers.