Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 & 1050 Bullet Feeder!

A good buddy of mine called tonight and told me about an ad in the latest American Rifleman for a bullet feeder that works on the 650 and soon on the 1050 (he knew I hadn't seen it yet since I've been setting up and puking out ammo on my brand new 650!). Here's a link:

http://gsiinternational.com/pages/1/index.htm

Looks like the simple version is $250 and you need to call for pricing on the automatic rotary feeder for it. I can hear my accountant now...you just spent over a grand on that thing and now you need to spend HOW MUCH MORE!!!!???? :lol:

-Shawn

Will I still be able to do a visual powder check before it drops the bullet on top of the case?

Don't have first-hand experience on that, but judging from the pics, I'd venture that the bullet doesn't drop in the brass mouth, instead it appears that the brass, while going up into the seater die, meets the bullet right before entering the die.

A visual check looks feasible.

Edited by Skywalker

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at their website and it seems like a pretty good idea esp. with the automatic feeder. My concern is would it make my ammo more or less reliable? If the bullet has a positive placement then I think this would make my ammo MORE reliable and MORE consistant. Good ammo is more important than the speed in which you can reload. However, with the basic setup that holds 12-16 bullets do you think this would speed things up or slow you down? You would have to stop every 12-16 pulls unless you were feeding the bullet feeder while pulling the handle. I'm not sure if that is the smartest thing to do.

Anyone have any idea what the full automatic version is selling for and if you buy the basic if you can easily upgrade to the automatic version?

Thanks,

Pete

If I recall correctly, some of the folks at GSI used to work at Dillon. The bulletfeeder will only increase production, or people wont buy it period. I would love to have one for one of my 1050s, but I am having problems coming up with money for components for next year, so the $700 aint gonna happen this year!