Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide release lever for G20

Desk-Jockey

I have a new gen 4 g20 I am breaking in as a side arm for upcoming hunting trips in brown bear country.   I want to replace the slide release lever and my go to is usually Vickers / tango down.  It says they are compatible with a 21 (45 ACP) but does not list G20.   Does anyone know if they work with a g20?   If not any other suggestions?

Posting for future reference, I reached out to Tango Down about their slide stop on a gen 4 10mm.   They say it fits but it is not tested for log term use.  They recommend replacement at 3K rounds.  FWIW it is not obvious to me why the slide stop is a wear item but what do I know?

Text of their email below:

“The VTSS-001 does fit the G20; however, that said, we have NOT tested it with a high round count.  Since the 10mm models are not very common, we haven't modified everything to include those model listings in product descriptions/packaging.  GLOCK does recommend on the 10mm models to change the factory slide stop every 3,000 rounds due to extreme slide velocity and weight, ours would require similar replacement.”

Part #21 or #27 pull up a schematic both have same name. One locks up the barrel. Prevents the slide assembly from coming off the frame. One is the lever to lock slide open on last shot.

Glock-model17-39.gif?yocs=p_E_

Edited by AHI

13 hours ago, AHI said:

Part #21 or #27 pull up a scmatic both have same name. One locks up the barrel. Prevents the slide assembly from coming off the frame. One is the lever to lock slide open on last shot.

Hmmmmm.  The schematic posted on Brownells.com has the right terms.  The one that prevents the slide from coming off the frame is a SLIDE LOCK.  The part that holds the slide back after the last round is a SLIDE STOP LEVER.

Edited by Braxton1

Ok slide stop is a wear idem. about 50000 rounds.

Slide stop lever is a wear idem because it has a spring attached. 10000 to 35000 rounds.

Do you understand what I am saying.

That's why you were told about the 3k life .

Edited by AHI